PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

Chilton
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
To all our Mac LightWave users,

It has been a pleasure working with all of you, and I am extremely thankful that we have the users we do. Your suggestions, criticisms, and yet more suggestions have given us a great deal of direction for the future of the Mac version of LightWave. I am convinced that 2007 will be a year to remember for our Mac users.

I hope this last year has been your best so far, and that they only get better from here on out. May this new year bring you change. Better yet, may it bring you whole dollars. But change would be a nice start.

-Chilton

cagey5
12-31-2006, 07:49 PM
From an egalitarian viewpoint, may I wish you a very happy new year whatever the chip inside your computer. Peace, prosperity and happiness, I hope 2007 brings them all.. Best wishes.

Bytehawk
12-31-2006, 09:21 PM
yep, best wishes for 2007
I wish you all a year with great opportunities and many chances.
and world peace off course :)

habaņero
12-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I am drunk and so I wish you either two or four happy new yeaRs, I can't see how many fingers. Happpy New uyearss! Chilton I love yoursel! ;D Schoooms!

BazC
01-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Happy Nw Year everybody!

Kuzey
01-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Nice one habaņero :agree: :agree:

All the best to one and all :D

Kuzey

harlan
01-01-2007, 10:48 AM
May this new year bring you change. Better yet, may it bring you whole dollars.

Even better yet, may it bring a Universal Binary!! ;)

happy new years right back at ya, and to everyone else as well.

cheers

Darth Mole
01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Pfft. Enjoy your so-called 'New Year' puny earthlings - it will be your last! For as you read the words of your clumsy language, my elite warforce is at this very moment descending through your poisonous atmosphere and is about to wreak havoc with the lasers and the shooting and the screaming and the 'save us, save us'!!

Mwuhahahahhahaaaaaa!!

Darth Mole
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Any second now...

Lightwolf
01-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Any second now...
You guys can't be so superior... I've been waiting for years, you're late ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Darth Mole
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, for Krzzlax's sake... where ARE those guys?

Lightwolf
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh, for Krzzlax's sake... where ARE those guys?
Check the map on the Voyagers again, maybe you got the directions wrong or picked the wrong Pulsars...

Edit: Second left then proceed for half a dozen parsecs...

Cheers,
Mike

Chilton
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi Darth,

I think I've seen this before. Your elite war force was probably created a few years ago, and, of course, with the latest technologies. However, humanity has also advanced. The've made great strides in the last year, even changing the energy source they run on. As such, your army will unfortunately be forced to overrun humanity a little slower in some cases, depending on the task. Now, it will work, but I've heard that it can take up to twice as long.

Obviously, once the upgrades to your army are complete, they will be able to overrun humanity at their native speed. But since humanity is a bit of a moving target, and not prone to telling anyone what it's about to do, you might find yourself unable to overrun *everything* they offer with the initial upgrades to your alien armada. Especially since Humanity has a habit of changing their game a bit around this time of the year. But you'll get pretty close. And the next upgrade should fill the remaining gap.

Of course, they should be able to overrun old civilizations quite well, assuming the old civilizations are on old planets, and that those planets have not been upgraded themselves. But you'll find there are still quite a few of those out there.

Another option that might appeal to you at this time would be to overrun a slightly less advanced civilization, say, one comprised of primates. You'll need a different army, an alien monkey army, but there's some good news: the monkey civilization has not advanced much at all over the last few years, and I hear that armies built to overrun them even ten years ago can still do so at full speed! There are many similarities between an alien monkey army and the current alien army you have, but there are a lot of cool new things your upgraded alien army will have, which will probably draw you back to your initial goal of conquering humanity.

So while you wait for your upgrades, if you really, really, want to dominate something quickly, gather your monkeys. But if you can wait just a bit longer, your new and very much improved alien army will be ready.

-Chilton

Lightwolf
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Hm, maybe your elit war force was something I stepped in yesterday? *yeukh* ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Avebeno
01-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Perhaps the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

HNY!

Darth Mole
01-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Our V'toid Battle Armada fears nothing. Its electro-navicenters are running pirated versions of your Windows XP OS and so are invulnerable to any form of unwanted intrusion, as per your ham-fisted attempts at brain-washing called 'advertisements'...

Also, we've been given many millions of your planetary dollars to keep in our accounts thanks to a man who needs to move some cash from an African country. Already our influence is being felt! Woohahahahaaaaa!!

riki
01-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Yeah Happy New Year. I hope it's a good one for Mac :)

Thomas
01-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah Happy New Year. I hope it's a good one for Mac :)
Sure looks like it!

http://www.apple.com

I wonder if Steve has the UB already?

;)

eblu
01-02-2007, 07:46 AM
ahhh but we digress.

happy new year all.

brunopeixoto
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Love, life, health, peace and prosperity!!!

Darth Mole
01-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Enjoy it while you may, weedy carbon-based bipeds. For the day of reckoning is honestly almost here. They just called and the mighty warfleet of the Kill-Death armada is defintely on its way.

No, really.

Cunhambebe
01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Happy New Year, everyone!
Mark

juanjgon
01-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Happy new year from Spain also .... all the best for all :)

Weepul
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
May it be the year of the return of Mac plugins! There have been about, let me count...two billion free nodes released for Windows that I'd quite like to use...

Sorry, just a little frustrated. :p Best wishes to you all.

al3d
01-05-2007, 06:29 AM
it will be a new year when we finaly get a working UB version....what!...6 months now after 9.0?....come on guys, at least put out the beta..:)..start the year on the right track..:)

John the Geek
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Darth,

I think I've seen this before. Your elite war force was probably created a few years ago, and, of course, with the latest technologies. However, humanity has also advanced. The've made great strides in the last year, even changing the energy source they run on. As such, your army will unfortunately be forced to overrun humanity a little slower in some cases, depending on the task. Now, it will work, but I've heard that it can take up to twice as long.

Obviously, once the upgrades to your army are complete, they will be able to overrun humanity at their native speed. But since humanity is a bit of a moving target, and not prone to telling anyone what it's about to do, you might find yourself unable to overrun *everything* they offer with the initial upgrades to your alien armada. Especially since Humanity has a habit of changing their game a bit around this time of the year. But you'll get pretty close. And the next upgrade should fill the remaining gap.

Of course, they should be able to overrun old civilizations quite well, assuming the old civilizations are on old planets, and that those planets have not been upgraded themselves. But you'll find there are still quite a few of those out there.

Another option that might appeal to you at this time would be to overrun a slightly less advanced civilization, say, one comprised of primates. You'll need a different army, an alien monkey army, but there's some good news: the monkey civilization has not advanced much at all over the last few years, and I hear that armies built to overrun them even ten years ago can still do so at full speed! There are many similarities between an alien monkey army and the current alien army you have, but there are a lot of cool new things your upgraded alien army will have, which will probably draw you back to your initial goal of conquering humanity.

So while you wait for your upgrades, if you really, really, want to dominate something quickly, gather your monkeys. But if you can wait just a bit longer, your new and very much improved alien army will be ready.

-Chilton

Keep rockin' on that alien army soldier. Our forces can hold out for a while longer here.