PDA

View Full Version : Where did my pictures go?

Angelo D'Ambros
12-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I own lw 8.2 version and I'm trying to install lw9 trial. And here the problems starts... First the trial installation:
-I go the the registration form, I put Italy and italian and _surprise_ the form turn back to the country selection! What the...
Fortunally I change browser and the form began to work. Ok NT don't like safari or my safari got sick.
-After 30 days of wonderful 3d experience, I sadly turned back to version 8. And there _surprise(the second)_ LW no more loads images(is this sentence correct?)!!
So did lw trial interfere with 8 or this is a newtek trick to force me to buy ver.9?

Chilton
12-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi,

1) What's the url? I'll get that fixed.

2) No idea what happened there. Are you sure you're using the right type of image? LightWave 8 should not share any code, shared libraries or otherwise, with the trial version.

-Chilton

Angelo D'Ambros
12-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I tried fist a psd, then various jpg images and no one of them works. And no I didn't touch the libraries. Ah I forgot one thing: in lw9 I found some problem about the shortcuts. Example if I do "sel connect" ( ] ) it gives me "add point" ( + ), or, if I want "drag" ( ctrl shift t ) it doesn't work but if I press ctrl t "drag" became active.

SO what's the .. is going on?:bangwall:

PS: Thank you for the (as ever) incredibly fast feedback:thumbsup:. I wish it were so in all the forum sections...:thumbsdow (ie "features request" section).

Chilton
12-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi Angelo,

Regarding the non-ps part of your question, I have no idea. That should be working.

-Chilton

PS: I normally stick to this forum, and this forum only. Occasionally I wade into the other waters, but I know this one best. I have a lot to do still, so I break that up with trips to the forum.

The trick with the feature request forum is that (IMHO) it really shouldn't be a forum at all. It should be a form you fill out, and submit. The request would then be sent to a person who then forwards it (or not, if it's spam), to the dev team. We in turn vote on whether or not we like the idea, then go back to the drinking games we so enjoy.

Since it's a forum though, we are faced with a conundrum. If we are silent, it appears we're ignoring our users. And if we talk, it creates an air of expectation that we've already been accused of creating between version releases.