PDA

View Full Version : dongle vista drivers?

nerdyguy227
12-25-2006, 07:54 AM
I have the vista open beta and would like to know if anybody was successful in installing the xp driver for the usb dongle or if there is a vista one I didnt find.

thanks and merry Christmas!

Cougar12dk
12-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I tried that too :( However........Ben Vost asked me to install my sentinel drivers again. That id it.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's logical.....as I certainly hadn't installed the sentinel drivers in Vista RC1

Bog
12-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Yes, the current dongle drivers work in the Beta Vista Unlimited or Ultimate or Ubermensch or whatever it's called. It whinges that the drivers are unsigned and therefore made by money-laundering hacker drug-terrorists from TEH INTERDEATHNET, but it works fine.

nerdyguy227
12-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Alright the drivers work...but I open lightwave and its like "Lightwave has stopped working. What would you like to do? (Close program/Wait for Lightwave to respond)"...vista thinks it crashed and no matter what I click, it closes.

Bog
12-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Hum. I didn't get that.

*thinky*

The thought occours that when I ran LW under Vista, I'd previously moved all my configs over so that it didn't need to do a config-rebuild. That might be worth a try.

Have you tried running LW with the -0 command line operation to not use the Hub?

Aside from that, I can't think of anything cogent. Dunno if you can disable the crash-protection or something in one of the Vista control panels... Operating systems with airbags, who'd'a thunk it?

nerdyguy227
12-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Hum. I didn't get that.

*thinky*

The thought occours that when I ran LW under Vista, I'd previously moved all my configs over so that it didn't need to do a config-rebuild. That might be worth a try.

Have you tried running LW with the -0 command line operation to not use the Hub?

Aside from that, I can't think of anything cogent. Dunno if you can disable the crash-protection or something in one of the Vista control panels... Operating systems with airbags, who'd'a thunk it?

Not sure what you mean by the "-0 command line operation" but that sounds familiar

don't see any options to stop detecting crashes and I'll try copying the config files.

thanks

Bog
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Not sure what you mean by the "-0 command line operation" but that sounds familiar

Add -0 to the shortcut used to run Layout and Modeler in the start menu, to deactivate the Hub.

For my Modeler install, f'rexample:

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs\modeler.exe" -0

in the "Target" argument when you've got the Shortcut Properties panel open.

Can't hurt to try :)