PDA

View Full Version : High-Res Earth

avkills
12-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Well I think I am finished. I changed the way I was doing the Atmosphere Haze around the earth. The only thing really left to figure out is making the limb turn reddish as the sun passes behind the earth, it seems that in order to do it without messing up the other angles will require lots of math.

Maybe someone can show me a way to tie to a special buffer so it could at least be controlled with an envelope.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with it now (that will change in 1 week. ;) )

-mark

avkills
12-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Second bank of images...

avkills
12-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Last bank...

I've used artistic license on the city lights being seen on the dark side. Could probably also use some haze in the star field; that is probably next on my list. I will try and have something animated here. The render times are pretty insane, so it will probably be a small half 720p sized render with minimal anti-aliasing.

-mark

5had0w
12-24-2006, 11:11 AM
I like it! There are some pics really good like 1 to 4 and 7 to 9. Nice job dude!:thumbsup:

Merry Xmas:santa:

Aquilon
12-24-2006, 02:15 PM
some impressive work on what i thought was a fairly simple project :-) great work

jbingaman
12-25-2006, 10:35 PM
impressive! have you been playing with it since you got back? LOL

I'm liking the haze and detail you're getting, just a bit better than the last set. How many layers are your clouds now? I'm guessing 3 or a REALLY good 2!

I can't imagine your render times, but if you're sequencing it out let me know if I can help.

sweet work tho - looks awesome.

J

avkills
12-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Just a test animation; I've tweaked some of the Node surfaces since the above stills; simplified the city lights and tweaked the atmosphere a bit since I didn't like how "luminous" it was with the straight on shot. Requires QT7. All you will see is the QT logo while it loads. Rendered with Perspective Camera at half res 720p 24fps Enhanced Low AA, motion blur. Also uses Hyperstars plug-in.

http://www.davisav.com/beazley/earthv4_testanim.mov

-mark

ryder133
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Really nice renders! just one crit though. The star field brightness is a bit too pronounced and makes the image look "flat" and without depth. which is essential in a space scene...:thumbsup:

Anyway the earth renders are brilliant! A lot better than when I tried my hand at rendering hi res earth images.:)

avkills
01-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you for your words ryder133. Yeah I am still not exactly happy with the stars; for some reason I can't get them to be as sharp as I want them. I think it may be a glitch in the Mac version of HyperStars. ?? I also need to toy with a textured background.

-mark