PDA

View Full Version : Can SE export one frame?

Tony R
12-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Is there a way that we can go to a frame on the timeline and export it to an image for a still? I know Premiere has an export function and VT4 has to capture the one frame as an rtv and then go into Aura and export it as an image file.

So, is there a way to do this in one easy step, or at all?

Tony

Tony R
12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Oops. Should've checked before I posted. File\Render\Still does the job nice and fast. Thanks Newtek!!!

Tony

Jim_C
12-23-2006, 03:13 PM
and VT4 has to capture the one frame as an rtv and then go into Aura and export it as an image file.

This is not neccessary with VT4.

Simply choose render, set the timecode in the render panel in and out windows to the one frame you would like to capture, then choose any of a myriad of still formats from the drop down. PNG, jpg, tga etc.

Render and done.

John Perkins
12-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like he found the File/Render Still feature that does this without having to set timecode at all. It exports the currently displayed frame as a still image.

The shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-M, so if you know Premiere, this should be second nature. :thumbsup:

Jim_C
12-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Looks like he found the File/Render Still feature that does this without having to set timecode at all. It exports the currently displayed frame as a still image.

right right, Sorry if I made it sound like I was referring to Speed Edit.
My instructions were for VT4.
Just letting Tony and any other VT4 users that Aura is not needed to capture a still.

Jim

Randall Chesbro
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
SE needs to have an auto #ing sequence for stills. I use to use Aura and click click and save stills automaticly numering them save a lot of time when do multi captures.

Randall Chesbro
01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I see it does auto # the pictures. I do wish the return key worked to OK the save.. not a biggie i guess

Seattle-HotShot
01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm pestering them to add a Still button somewhere on the next update... will see how that goes! Sure Cntr+Shift+M is nice, but then you still have to hit the button on the interface to get it to go, so its kind of a pain. Not bad at all for a 1.0 though :)

wvp
01-04-2007, 08:49 PM
At least a KB shortcut to do grab & save would be great - allthough to do that they would need to have a "default still capture" location in the prefs.