PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 Error - Incremental Save Function

smmurph
12-22-2006, 08:46 PM
I am working on a project and want to start saving incremental iterations and when I press Shift S, or even use File>Save Incremental, I get an error message that reads "Line 50, illegal arithmetic operation on data type."

Obviously a bug. Anybody heard of this? is there a way to get around it? Is there a patch or an upgrade?

Thanks,
Smmurph

mj418
12-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Yeah, happens to me every now and then, too, and I've heard several others say so as well. What I do is just choose "Save As", and name it what the incremental save thingy would have named it. After that, "save incremental" works again.
Go figure. ;)

Wonderpup
12-23-2006, 09:03 AM
I think the trick is to avoid using underscores in your file names, as this confuses the incremental save- I found this old post explaining the problem:

To me it came as a surprise to find the incremental saver bug (error if saving increment of such files as "My_Badly_Looking_Object" because saver tries to interpret everything beyond last underscore as a number) to still be present in 8.2. It's a known bug (though one of rather minor impact) and should be a no-brainer to fix.

seems like it's still around.

mj418
12-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Interesting, and I never heard that before. That could explain why it only rarely happens to me, because I rarely use underscores in names.
Every time I come here I find answers I didn't even know existed. :)