PDA

View Full Version : Video Card/Lightwave/game help....

CaptCarty
12-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Ok, this might be a little off topic....but..here goes. I am looking to upgrade my Video card (8x AGP) that will work really good with my LW 7.5 ( yes I know ) and will be really good for PC games like SWG ( I know, but I like the Game ).

I have about a $150 US budget and would like to avoid ATI cause ive have problems in the past with the 2 i have atm, ( radeon 9250, and radeon x300 )

- any ideas from any of you out there that might play this game/video card suggestions/ lightwave ideas, would be great, :)

tnx, CaptCarty.:thumbsup:

iconoclasty
12-23-2006, 07:11 AM
I would get the best Nvidia gaming card you can afford. Maybe something like a GeForce 7600 or something. The Nvidia cards are great for games and great for LW.

CaptCarty
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Yep, The 7600 was what I ended up going with, :)

-payed $160 US, for the GS, and works really nice.

*only problem I have now, is when i try to watch a movie<DVD> it pins my CPU to 100%, and crashes now?

any ideas why?

CaptCarty.:thumbsup:

CaptCarty
01-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I am using power dvd, and have tryed vids im media player, both look very, very dark, much darker then b4 I installed the new card? I went and installed the latest drivers thinking that might help, no difference. This has got me stumped, :(

CaptCarty.

CaptCarty
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
tnx for all the advice, :)

It turned out that I had to re-install all the drivers to fix the problem. but it works fine now, :)

-another question,....what would be the best settings for LW, I have decided not to use it as a game card, and souly for LW, id like to optimize and maximize the 7600 if possible. so any settings I need to turn on/off pls let me know, :)
and at this time, I am not going to over-clock the GPU.

CaptCarty.

windows XP prof.
P4 3.0 HT
2 gig ram
500 gig HD
7600 AGP 512mb
LW 7.5d