PDA

View Full Version : problem in LWCad 2

photomagik
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
:help:
I've just installed LWCAD 2 having previously used version 1.5 and I am having problems following tutorials. All tutorials I have looked at tell me to use the wall command and then convert to curves. The wall command seems to work fine but when I come to use any subsequent command such as boolean 2D or even curves to poly I get a 'no curves in selection' warning. The only way I can get them to work is by converting back to LWCur which seems to defeat the object.

I'm somewhat new to LWCAD and there may be an obvious answer but I'd appreciate any help

colkai
12-23-2006, 03:03 AM
You don't need to convert to curves. As of LWCAD2 it's curves are nurbs and not compatible with LW curves, or indeed, LWCAD1.5

photomagik
12-23-2006, 04:41 AM
yeah I've read that somewhere but in the tutorial I'm working through it tells me to convert curves to polys after I have created my wall structure using the wall command. However, it won't let me do it as it says there are no curves. Am I musunderstanding the tutorial. The wall command creates nurbs but then to extrude the walls upward it tells me I have to convert to polys. Is that right or is there a simpler way to create the walls of a house using the wall command?

Thanks for any help you can be :)

colkai
12-23-2006, 05:36 AM
ahh, sorry, convert to polys, yup, should work *IF* you haven't extruded, however, if you build the walls, then 'extrude-snap' before doing a convert to polys, it will create wall polys anyway. It can be done either way;
1) Build wall structure, convert to ploys, delete unwanted polys, extrude-snap
..or..
2) Build wall structure, extrude-snap.

The only real difference is if you want to keep the 'floor' ploys created by convert to polys. If you intend to build your own floor area, it's faster the second way.

photomagik
12-23-2006, 05:46 AM
So I did understand the tutorial then. I guess there is something wrong with my setup because it will not allow me to convert the wall structure to polys. All I've done is create a basic square using the wall command and then tried convering to polys and I get a message that there are no curves. When you say convert to polys do you mean using the 'curves to polys' command or is there another one?

Should I have unloaded 1.5 before loading 2? Is it possible that some of my commands are still using LWCAD 1.5 and therefore will not work with 2 nurbs?

photomagik
12-23-2006, 06:16 AM
sorted it now thanks. I got frustrated and removed the LWCAD plugin and added it again. It seems fine now.

Thanks for your help

colkai
12-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Could be that you put LWCAD2 down over 1 but didn't refresh the menus etc.. I must admit, I chose to do the complete uninstall-install of it when it shifted to 2.0 because of the changes.

Glad you got it going, it's a serious upgrade, adds a whole new dimension to working in modeller. :)