PDA

View Full Version : LW WIP Gallery

meatycheesyboy
02-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Why is it that now that we have a wip gallery, every post in the finished gallery still starts with something along the lines of "the textures are temporary" or "I still have a lot of modelling to do on the legs", or "Here's a test render", etc?

hrgiger
02-19-2003, 09:22 AM
I don't think it's necessary either but it just started so maybe people just need time to get used to it. I mean, we still have the Lightwave gallery also so I'm not sure why we need a finished gallery in the forums and a WIP.

Perhaps the moderator should move pieces that are WIP's or vice versa to the appropriate gallery. Hopefully with an email to the person who submitted it so they can realize it was moved and why.

Chuck
02-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Hi, folks!

The moderators will be moving the WIP threads to the new (just yesterday!) WIP Gallery, as they get time available - we've got a lot of projects going at the moment. This is a system that has worked well on other forums, and so we are giving it a try here and expect it will take a bit for everyone to sync with it.

JohnD
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
The WIP and Finished threads on CGTalk worked out great. I'm glad Newtek decided to go this route.

Mebek
02-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Personally I like the idea. Sometimes it's nice to just browse through stuff that people consider done, finished, the end. I don't like watching the "making of" documentaries of a movie UNTIL I've seen the movie. Then they're nice to watch.

But that's just me. :)

hrgiger
02-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Well, that's part of the problem for me. I very rarely consider anything done. You could say that most of what of what I do is a constant WIP. I don't think I'll be posting anything in the finished gallery anytime soon....

Skonk
02-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Very few ppl would ever call a peice of there work 100% finnished, and even if they did someone would only crit the "finnished" work and the author will go off and update it. It happens all the time on other forums like cgtalk. i really just dont see the point it just means having to browse 2 forums to check out ppls work. Finnished work should be in newteks gallery on there site so no one can crit it, just view it.

James..