PDA

View Full Version : Volume select

eidetiken
12-22-2006, 05:49 AM
Is there a trick to using volume select? I can't get it to select anything, points, edges or polys, and then I can't get the tool to drop after not being able to do anything with it.

toby
12-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Are you sure it's not selecting? There is no display of selected points or polys while you're in volume mode. To see what you're selecting, keep the Statistics window open ( press 'w'). To get out of the mode click the 'Points' or 'Polygons' mode buttons at the bottom left of your screen, or make keyboard shortcuts. To keep the selection in another mode, press the '+' next to points or polygons in the Stats window before leaving volume mode.

eidetiken
12-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks Toby,

That works. Its so strange not being able to see which points are selected and not being able to drop volumn select without hitting points or polys. Was following a tutorial and it showed the points lighting up when selected with volume select. Was wondering what was going on. This a Mac only thing, because I can see the tut is done in windows?

toby
12-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Hm, pretty sure it's not just a Mac thing, where's this tutorial?

The volume mode used to make more sense, when it was included in the cycle of modes when you press the spacebar. It was changed because most people, including me, didn't like having to constantly cycle through the volume mode, since it doesn't get used nearly as much as points/polygons.

It is odd that the spacebar doesn't get you out of it though.