PDA

View Full Version : Motion page

logcabinstudios
12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I am creating a motion page and when it is done, I want the last line on the page to stop and stay there for about 5 seconds, then dissolve away.

I can make the last line stop in the middle of the page but it stops for one frame then it disappears. I can make it stay on longer by dragging the last frame of the motion page (.rtv file) on the timeline but it has a red triangle on it (which means there's something wrong with it.

I would think that this is a common thing to do with a motion page but I'm having trouble with it.

Betty

Ivan
12-21-2006, 09:17 PM
The red triangle just means that the clip has been extended beyond it's actual length, not an error, just a warning. If you are getting the results you want then don't worry about it, the last frame will play for as long as you like when you do this.

Ivan

Jim Capillo
12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
You can always make a still of the last frame and then just add it onto the end...

logcabinstudios
12-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks for advice on motion pages. I have another question. When I create motion pages I have difficulty deleting blank lines that I've created. Let's say that I typed a line, then pressed enter 4 times and typed another line. Later on I go back and want to delete one of those blank lines so there isn't as much space. If I use the arrow key it jumps over the 4 blank lines and I can't position the cursor to delete them.

On one of my motion pages, I somehow made about a dozen blank lines at the end and tried everything I could think of to delete them. I finally gave up and copied the existing text into a new blank page.

If I hit the enter key by accident and immediately press the backspace key, the line does not go back where it was.

Are there any secrets to deleting blank lines between lines of text in a motion page? I'm using Toaster build 6016.

Thanks,

Betty

Jim Capillo
12-22-2006, 07:59 PM
How about if you change the cursor to the arrow and then select the line, can you del from there?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm home now and not on the VT.