PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT: Videos on your PSP

Beaker
12-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Just curious, what kind of videos do you keep on your PSP. I just got the new Media Manager software from Sony. Since then, I've been making my best effort to fill up a 4GB memory stick, mainly with stuff I like to show other people. So far, I've got:

Batman: New Times
X-Men: Dark Tide
Kill Vader
Super Moine
HALO 3: Starry Night
HALO Wars

Just curious what other people have put on theirs. Demo reel, 3D animation, movie trailers?

cresshead
12-21-2006, 02:42 PM
hi
i've been looking at a portable media player...the zen and ipod mostly but also a quick glance at the psp mainly cause of it's large screen...so my question is about that it can play...

what format types does the psp support/play?

for instance can it play .mov?

hopefully uyou don't mind the offtopic Q...

gerry_g
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
U need a proprietary program to convert your MPG2's or AVI's to MPG4 (also presumably a flash stick reader/writer http://www.memorystick.com/en/lifestyle/soft/index_video01.html which is great if you are on a PC but I'm on a Mac and have a niece and nephew who will be pestering me to rip Video content all Christmas

hazmat777
12-21-2006, 04:15 PM
This might help...

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/

:hey:

SplineGod
12-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Ive been able to convert movies to PSP and some of my training material. The quality on both is pretty good. Ive used totally free software too. Its
easy to copy files to the PSP using a USB cable or using WiFi.
The PSP supports RSS feeds and I setup my own RSS server so I can stream MP3s directly over the internet or my local network. I can also download videos remotely to my PSP using the same RSS server. Theres also several online sites that have video podcasts. Those can also be downloaded and viewed on the PSP.
One thing I like about the PSP is that its got built in WiFi. Using that I can control my network and servers remotely. Watching television/DVD etc remotely over the internet is possible using Sonys Location Free player which is a device that can stream video over a network/internet etc. You can even change channels remotely.

Oh and you can play games with the PSP too. :)

cresshead
12-22-2006, 06:10 AM
we're going to have give you an extra 'tag'....pspgod

:santa:

SplineGod
12-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Lol :)

T-Light
12-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I've an Archos AV500, they're excellent for this sort of stuff. Whenever I make an animation I'll convert it straight away for the archos. I've even rendered some animations purely in archos native res as it's the only thing I'd be showing them on. Don't know about the psp but the archos comes with the cables to link straight to a TV at DVD res.

Plus (big bonus), you can also record straight from video machines, dvd players etc and even timed tv broadcasts straight into the thing, excellent if you have old movies or videos you want to show people while you're on the go.

Nother advantage is the hard drive, Mines a 60Gig, so you can save several hundred hours of video content (quality dependant).

ps - note to Cress, the latest version of this is the AV504, Comet or Curry's had it on sale for about 225 a couple of weeks ago (40Gig version I think). Don't intend to come across all salesman like but these things are absolutely incredible. They're the same base units that the police are using with the little mini cameras on the beat, and they're paying 1500 a pop for them :)

Here's mine showing an animation I was working on earlier in the year :)

Coffee Mug for size comparison...

MiniFireDragon
12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Quicktime's movie compression for the IPod video puts out in MP4 format.

SplineGod
12-22-2006, 08:35 AM
The latest firmware for PSP also allows support for some other video formats. They also have a camera attachment coming out for it pretty soon.
This is also a pretty interesting device. You can record video directly to a memory stick.
http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=DigitalInnovationsCatal og&product%5Fid=4030200&keyword=psp&searchcat=products&cookie%5Ftest=1