PDA

View Full Version : curve constraints for cameras

LearningLightW
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Is there a way I can pause the camera for a couple frames if it's constrained to a curve? I have my camera following a circular path and would like it to stop/pause on certain frames and then resume on the path. I'm trying to play around with the graph editor but it doesn't seem like it's the right spot...

also... something that's been bugging me:
After I set my camera on a curve constraint, it seems to always have some offset from the curve right after I select the curve and click the align button under the curveConstraint menu. But when I create a new instance of a camera and do the same, it seems to align just fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

SplineGod
12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
You could export the curve as a path and then edit it in the graph editor to make it pause where you want.
You could also use LWs cyclist plugin or Dr Cycler in Relativity. Each can use a control object to control the playback of your camera animation. If you stop the movement of the control object the camera will also stop along its animation path.

ndrangesh
12-28-2006, 01:12 AM
hi
i too encountred that camera offset problem and i rectified it.
so for your camera to follow the curve ... exactly on the curve
you first set the XYZ value of the camera to zero. keyframe it. then attach the camera to the curve.
this makes the camera exactly follow the curve
HTH