PDA

View Full Version : Look what they're doing with LW & messiah: Zambezia!

TylerZambori
12-21-2006, 07:42 AM
http://www.zambeziamovie.com/v5/default.asp

It's a four minute short. Wow!

Here's the intro they put on cgsociety:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=442382

Pilot film
The company I'm working for, Cape Town (South Africa)-based studio Triggerfish Animation, has recently completed the 4-minute pilot for their animated feature film entitled Zambezia.

http://www.zambeziamovie.com/

Over the last year, a core creative team has been working on characters, environments, and the various technical challenges of bringing feathered CG birds to life in a teeming bird-city.

The pilot animation itself, Welcome to Zambezia, was produced with a small team of animators over a three month period as a proof of concept, using Lightwave 8.5 and Messiah for the character animation.

Zambezia is set to go into full production in early 2007, to be released mid-2008.

Please check out our website, any crits and comments on the pilot would be very welcome.

Bangola!

Carm3D
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
That's awesome!

Thomas
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
:eek:

OMG!

Regards
Thomas

Nicolas Jordan
12-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Very nice to see the quality work being done by these very talented artists accomplishing the work with mostly off the shelf tools. I would have to say it is very close to Pixar/Deamworks quality or at least on par with films like Jimmy Nuetron. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the finished film.

coremi
12-21-2006, 12:44 PM
very good quality but i wpould like happier and more alive powerfull colors, don't know why so many animation are so dark, lifeless, like they are afraid to use vivid colours. That is what is making something like Shrek fantastic, the vivid colors they use.

TylerZambori
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
very good quality but i wpould like happier and more alive powerfull colors, don't know why so many animation are so dark, lifeless, like they are afraid to use vivid colours. That is what is making something like Shrek fantastic, the vivid colors they use.

Well, that's what I thought too at first, but then I turned the brightness
level up on windows media player, and the colors were quite bright and
happy.

TylerZambori
12-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, that's what I thought too at first, but then I turned the brightness
level up on windows media player, and the colors were quite bright and
happy.

PS: But if that doesn't do it for you, please post something about it
on that cgsociety thread.

inquisitive
12-21-2006, 09:33 PM
refreshing to see something new

JVitale
12-23-2006, 12:17 AM
this is soooo cute....can't wait to see it...the music is wonderful too...keep up the great work.

LW_Will
12-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Amazing work. I thought that the imagery, the color design and the staging of the animation was very professional.

It really really looks fabulous!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this film.

LW_Will

paulhart
12-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I watched the short promo, and it's wonderful, great color, image filled, smooth animation flow, hope the story can sustain the graphics, 'cause they are excellent.
Paul