PDA

View Full Version : basic lw 9 question - nodes

jin choung
12-21-2006, 01:11 AM
howdy guys,

long time lw fan, lw9 virgin (basically - hadn't had time to crack it open... too much work).

anyhoo, super basic question and i think that the answer is "no" but i just want to confirm.

is it possible to load up multiple surfaces into the node editor so that you can create one node (with a complex texture for example) and feed that one node into multiple surfaces?

like feed one texture node into the diffuse attributes of surfaceA, surfaceB and surfaceC?

can the "destination node" for surfaceA, surfaceB and surfaceC all exist in the node editor at once?

thanks much.

jin

p.s. i have a feeling that you can do this by simply exporting your texture node and importing several times but in other apps, there is a disincentive for creating superfluous nodes. better to have a single node entity feeding into several inputs if there is no difference.

MooseDog
12-21-2006, 10:39 AM
howdy guys,

anyhoo, super basic question and i think that the answer is "no" but i just want to confirm.

confirmed no. surface by surface basis only atm. bummer though.

read a great quote the other day: the surface editor is faster and handier, the node editor is for when you need some real power. thought for the day:D