PDA

View Full Version : Gastrock Special

monfoodoo
12-21-2006, 12:48 AM
I modeled this after my girlfreinds fathers flat tracker he had in the late 50's.I was going to give him at a 20 by 30 blowup for Christmas.He seen this version (as i needed to confirm the engine color) and told me to take the dirt off and remove any dents.Surpise!There goes a weeks worth of nights.He told me they never entered a race with a dirty car. Personally this looks a lot better.I'm not going any further on it,so i suppose it could be called "finished" That body is a 34 ford cut down to 33 inches wide and shortened,just big enough to get in and drive. Scott

liquidpope
12-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Dude, you're a car building B.A.M.F.!
It's a damm shame about the "no dirt or dents" request. It looks really good that way, and all that time it took to make it that way... damm shame.
Pops will be proud to call you his son-in-law. (I'm guessing.)

What did you use for reference for your engines? I need some good blueprints if you can recommend some. I have a '68 AMX in dire need of restoration. When I yank the 390 out of it, I guess I could model straight from that, but it seems like a lot more work.

Anyway, another great car model. You should make a showroom, like a little museum or something.

monfoodoo
12-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks!As for engine ref,i bought two Diecast motors.A ford 427 sohc and a Mopar Hemi.Ecellent for getting down the block detail along withthe water pump and other.There is a nice die cast of the chevy with a blower on it from Revell.I suppose that will be my next purchase.Also you can buy the plastic models and get the frame and body specs.The book "Diggers,Funnies, Gassers and Altereds" is excellent for ref of engine components ,along with "Slingshot Dragsters" and"Top Fuel Dragsters",All can give you good veiws of the front suspensions.
I,ll be posting another flat tracker soon.Pretty cool. Scott

MooseDog
12-21-2006, 10:41 AM
bad-***** :thumbsup:

another great effort, modeling, tex and lighting!

liquidpope
12-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the advice and info, Mon. I'll be checking into all of that.

monfoodoo
12-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Here is what i ended up giving him.He might love but i don't.

balogo
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
BRAVO - one moore... fantastic

stefan
12-28-2006, 03:04 AM
looks cool

monfoodoo
12-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Thank you all!

rwhunt99
12-31-2006, 09:26 AM
Great job !!, I agree with you but if that's what he wants then that's what he gets.
I think if you had the time, I would have put an old time gas or some kind of automotive sign on the wall behind the car :thumbsup: