PDA

View Full Version : switching between cameras

LearningLightW
12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
How do you switch between multiple cameras when rendering? Say I want to use camera1 for frames 0-20 and camera2 for frames 20-30. I was trying the scene editor but it doesn't seem like it's the right spot...

bkamat
12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
probably a way to do this would be to render different clips of files one from each of the camera seperately and then join them in adobe premier or similar other editing software.

BeeVee
12-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Or you could adapt my tutorial on surface baking (http://www.lightwiki.com/wiki/mediawiki-1.4.4/index.php?title=Surface_baking).

B

nukemodular
12-21-2006, 05:34 AM
you can use the cameraselector in the masterpluginchannel...just move to the frame, select the camera and add it to the camera list...but it only works when you render on a single machine...otherwise you have to split your scene into parts to render it via screamernet...

lardbros
12-21-2006, 05:45 AM
There used to be a bug with the camera selector in Layout, but not sure if they fixed it or not?!?!

There is also a plugin called CameraDirector or something, which was great with 8.5... have a search for it on Flay, it is added as a motion modifier i think, but the controls are simple and it works okay. Only problem i've found with these camera plugins are they are mostly a fudge, sometimes you get artifacts from previous cameras in the next shot for a single frame or maybe 2, which is caused by having motion blur on i guess. It's hardly noticable, but still irritating.