PDA

View Full Version : ... 20th Dec !

SaturnX
12-20-2006, 12:44 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

Tank
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I like the fact that they now have holographic operators. I always thought the fact that there were no drivers should have been a dead giveaway that they weren't normal vehicles.

By the way, couldn't resist finishing your sig:
...to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Always loved that line, and the deadpan way he delivered it.

Matt
12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Looks pretty sweet! Be interesting to see whether they came to earth looking like our cars, trucks and planes etc. or whether they transform to an indigenous piece of technology, and THEN transform between robot and car / plane / truck etc.

Because the original toys were clearly either one or the other, but to make it credible they should land looking nothing like anything we've built until they first encounter it, kinda like T1000 assumes identities in Terminator 2.

Tank
12-20-2006, 04:13 PM
The first episode of the original series showed them that way. On Cybertron, they were in the forms of very sci-fi looking vehicles. When they crashed here, a probe went out, looked at different technology here, and then went back and changed them to match.

borkus
12-20-2006, 07:07 PM
i think i just peeed myself. the original transformer animated movie is still one of my all time favorite. remember when optimus died? don't lie!!!! you shed a tear too!!!!!!!!!!!

KSTAR
12-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I have been waiting for this movie ever since 3D animation and digital efx matured around the time Jurasic Park came out. I hope they do it right, and stick to the 80's story line. Not this modern day Pokeman type transformer bull

jin choung
12-21-2006, 12:36 AM
ok... so what movie is that a quote from?

re: tformers (yeah, i typed it...)

i dunno, all the mechanical doodads look waaaaaay too alien... even for their post earth vehicle adaptation.

also, the people in the chopper seemed to be not holographic en-toto... but the human appearance is a holograph on top of machine doodads underneath. although if you have a holograph, the necessity for a machine doodad underneath doesn't seem to make much sense.

i hope they have the guy who turns into a boombox with the cassette tape eagle. that guy totally ruled. and it better not be an ipod cuz if it is... (shakes fist at the heavens).... boombox. cassette tape eagle. period.

and so help me, if megatron doesn't turn into the nintendo light gun that i played duck hunt with, i'm gonna fing hurl in the aisles.

oh, and they better use that transforming sound! waah waah waah wahh wahh! that is the only transforming sound that i will accept!

and don't get me started on the theme song. so help me, if they do a limp bizkit techno version over the end credits, i'm going to take hostages and/or hurl in the aisles. it better be pure, pristine, original. and also, the sound track should be the one from the show. bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum baaaam bah buuuum!

jin

Matt
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Jin!!! where the **** have you been! Not been the same without you around these parts!

:)

CMT
12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
I have been waiting for this movie ever since 3D animation and digital efx matured around the time Jurasic Park came out. I hope they do it right, and stick to the 80's story line. Not this modern day Pokeman type transformer bull

I'm with ya there! If there is one thing about the anime tranformers that pisses me off, it's the crying robots dancing about. Couldn't even get through one episode.

Can't wait for this one to come.

borkus
12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
jin, i wish you the best of luck in not being disappointed. i myself have learned to lower my standards because nothing will ever be as good as the 80's and the early 90's, in my opinion!!! i was a youth in the 80's, but i remember some of the cartoons i watched and mostly the horror films i've watched have never been surpassed. not even close. once i master lightwave (2056 ?!?), i will bring this current wave of all-hype, politically correct, limp bizkit junk-soundtracking, utter rubbish to a giant incinerator and show the industry how to make enjoyable entertainment again!!!!! maybe, if someone hasn't beat me to it..... i wish indie and sundance could garner some more cash flow. has been rare i have been too disappointed in either

borkus
12-21-2006, 04:54 PM
how 'bout a thundercats movie? done right of course....

DiedonD
12-22-2006, 03:13 AM
i think i just peeed myself. the original transformer animated movie is still one of my all time favorite. remember when optimus died? don't lie!!!! you shed a tear too!!!!!!!!!!!

I never did watch that one. So I cant tell you about the tear thing. All I managed to see was when they revived Optimus. And I first saw the time of Ranimus Prime time, then Optimus time. Then I remembered that they revived him, so he mustve died somewhere in between.

Anyhow, its nice that the date has changed from 7.7.7 to 7.4.7.

Wickster
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Its a shame they changed the original characters, Prime isn't the old trailer truck he was before, it's one of those long nosed truck now. Bumblebee isn't a Volkswagen beetle anymore, now hes a chevy camaro. I just hope they do the story justice though.

I would love to see the original "Transformers: The Movie" made live action with CG Unicron, the Dinobots and Cybertron in the mix...heck I want to see Metroplex.

DiedonD
12-23-2006, 01:44 AM
I would love to see the original "Transformers: The Movie" made live action with CG Unicron, the Dinobots and Cybertron in the mix...heck I want to see Metroplex.

Yea lol.... But who will make Metroplex, his advisory Devastator or Destructor I dont recall his name? WHich cathegory do they fit. Character modelers' or Environment Modelers job to makem. And it would alot for a Generalist to do them, having in mind that them two are tiny compared to Unicron. Its even harder with all this added details on their legs and overall being.

Prime is a loss, but I dont care about bumblebee. He babysitted people all day everyday. I never did like him.

But what I find strange is that the Transformers dont talk!! How will they communicate? How would the babysiter deal with people all day for instance??
All I saw is robotic shoutering.

And who is the leader of the decepticons? Anyone knows? Is it Megatron, Galvatron, or is the story long enough for them two to appear?

Four more month to go :thumbsup:

BigHache
12-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Peter Cullen and Frank Welker have been listed as providing the voices for Optimus and Megatron. This movie might have lost the original 80's crowd without these two.

I'm not fond of the hyper-alien look that they've been provided with either. From what they've shown it looks like an amalgam between the 80's series, Beast Wars and some of the newer stuff they've done which I'm not fond of either.

Low expectations for this one. I hope they don't do a sequel.

jin choung
12-23-2006, 11:35 PM
hiya matt!

yeah, i've been away for a bit attending to other life demands. but i'm still cging and still lightwaving! woohoo!

gotta get into lightwave 9 though. i've got it but haven't had a real opportunity to dig in!

anyhoo, regarding transformers.... i'm less inclined to attribute it to hallowed status because even back in its day, it was basically a 30min long commercial to sell the toys. but it did definitely have its virtues. like the transforming sound!

and the boom box with the cassette tape eagle.

they better bring that back!

:)

jin