PDA

View Full Version : How do I "Patch" this

Davoid
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Hello,

Can some one guide me on how to fix the attached mesh problem or do I need to start the tutorial over again. Is there an easy way to close the open area shown?
Please see attached image

Also can any one tell me what may have caused this (what I may have done wrong), I had right click selected the narrow area polygons and then used "multishift" to move the area down.

Thanks for any help,
David

Sensei
12-19-2006, 09:22 PM
I would press 'g' and drag and snap left to right each point. Then press 'm' to merge points.

Silkrooster
12-19-2006, 10:25 PM
See if the blank section is selectable, it is possible to have a polygon flipped. If you can select it press f to flip it. Do this before trying to add new geometry, otherwise you may have double polygons.
If you are suppose to see the polys that are inside, as you have them, you can select the points for each corner where the polygons is suppose to be, in a clockwise direction, then press p to create the new polygon. Continue doing this for each missing polygon.
Silk

Davoid
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Thank you both for your help, thanks Silk your method worked great, I had to choose the points and create a poly. :thumbsup:

Regards,
David