PDA

View Full Version : dynamic texturing

LearningLightW
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know how to dynamically change the texture on objects or keyframe textures?

I'm trying to make the texture on this object turn transparent during render time...is that possible?

Imatk
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Layer Opacity... Envelope.... Read the manual ;)

SplineGod
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Make a texture become transparent or the surface? For a texture layer just use the envelope (e button).

LearningLightW
12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Umm...I think I want to make the surface transparent. So this is what I'm trying to do...
I have a house that I'm rendering and say at frame 100 I want the outside of the house to become slightly transparent so the insides show and then at frame 150 it's back to being opaque. Does layer opacity work for this?

and if possible, can someone direct me to a link where i can learn how to do this?

thank you!!

SplineGod
12-20-2006, 11:51 AM
If the outside of the house is a separate object in a separate layer you can use the object dissolve command. If you outside of the house has its own surface you can make that surface transparent pretty easily. If the outside is several surfaces youll have to copy the same transparency envelope from surface to surface.

LearningLightW
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
thanks soooo much!