PDA

View Full Version : very confused???

Sibylline
12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
check the first screen grab out...

i get that from placing my image on the UV map ive created.
the second pic shows my UV allignment checkers...a lil jerky, but not THAT jerky lol
The image in question is 3000x1813px.
it allmost looks like it is being compressed for some reason :-/
the image im using is mostly dark green, but no green will even show up.
any idea why?
to finish off i added one more screengrab hoping it'll be useful
thanx

BigHache
12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
That looks like a moire pattern. Is the screen grab from the OpenGL interface or from a render? If it's a render you may try turning on any level of anti-aliasing.

SplineGod
12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
It definately is a moire pattern. Its because the detail on your image map is very high. What kind of texture are you trying to create?

Sibylline
12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
well i am going according to my texturing book which says i need to allways make sure not to make my UV images too small in size else i cant get close enough to the detail.
There was also a way of calculating this, and i went with rough figures in order not to worry abut it later on in the process.
Id upload the texture but its a bit big.
It's a basic green background with a random detail layer on top. Created some sort of a stubble brush to begin the uneven detail skin has and just filled the image with the dots which are barely visible.
Its basically the most basic of all textures. Ive also tried putting a random pic with nonsense scrible at those dimensions but i still get the same results.
Yet when i place an image that is merely 300x300px it works fine.
Are there texture dimensions i 'cant' touch when textuing?
this effect is interresting none the less, i never came accross it before.

thomasdrucker
12-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Sibylline,
The term "Moiré-pattern" mentioned above (in this case) refers to what happens on your screen: the pattern of your texture interferes with the pattern of the pixels on your screen. It's the same effect you see on your television screen when a newsreader wears a jacket with a tight line pattern: it flickers.

Try to render it and experiment with different rendersizes, AA settings etc. Soon enough you'll find out what happens and what to do to prevent it.