PDA

View Full Version : how to configure middle mouse buttons

bkamat
12-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi I use lightwave 8.0. I am a beginner. I am able to model in modeller but the menu frames for middle and right mouse buttons do not appear in the modeller. can any one tell me how to configure mouse to lightwave.

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
press alt-F10 to open the menu editor. Then use the Presets drop down to select default or another preset and it'll revert the menus to their correct settings.

bkamat
12-18-2006, 06:49 AM
press alt-F10 to open the menu editor. Then use the Presets drop down to select default or another preset and it'll revert the menus to their correct settings.

Hi I tried this out the mouse menu is shown in the Alt F10 dialogue box but after I close it and start working I am not getting the menus on mouse click. also I wish to know if middle mouse button can be used to pan and zoom in modeller like that in 3d max

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Are you pressing ctrl-shift-MMB and ctrl-shift-RMB?

rotate view: alt-LMB
pan view:alt-shift-LMB (horizontal pan)
alt-shift-RMB(vertical pan)
zoom view:alt-ctrl-LMB or mousewheel.

I use Autohotkey, a program which lets you set your own mouse keys since these are the only keys not available to be reconfigured. Do a search on this forum for more information if you're interested.

bkamat
12-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Hi Thanks so much I am able to pan and zoom with mouse buttons now. that's making life very easy. actually I am well verse with 3d max and learning lightwave ( a beginner). I am trying to find in modeller the menus similar to that i get in 3dmax on right click of mouse. I see a list of menus in menu configuration box Alt F10 but not getting these menus when i right click. why is that.

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 07:32 AM
You have 3 menus for the mouse (one for each button), you have to press

ctrl-shift-mousebutton

to access them.

bkamat
12-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Oh thanks so much for that tip it should go handy for any biginner on this forum. you have solved my problem.

another tool i am searching for is the snap tool that's available in 3dmax. I find only snapping to grid in modeller is there any in built snap tool for end points, mid points tangents etc like that of max or any 3rd party tool available.