PDA

View Full Version : mesh get all distorted after reloading scene

liypfhe1
12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
i am having a problem with rigging..

every time i set up a character for rigging, and set up the skelegons to bones in layout, i record the rotations.. next i save my scene and when i reload the scene, my mesh is all distorted .. i dont know why this i happening and i could use some major help.. please anybody...

liypfhe1
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
this is what i mean

iconoclasty
12-16-2006, 12:51 PM
After you reload it and it's distorted, does hitting r on the bones fix it at least until you reload it?

toby
12-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Try converting the skelegons again, but don't record the rotations. Skelegons are activated when you convert them, that's all you want.

Are your skelegons built to fit inside the model?

SplineGod
12-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Why are you recording the rotations?

liypfhe1
12-17-2006, 02:35 AM
i thought that if i wanted the default rotations to equal to zero , then this is what i had to do.. since all the roation values of the bones arenot zer when converted...if you guys know something i dont .. im am all ears... :yoda:

SplineGod
12-17-2006, 03:11 AM
You 'might' need to do it on some bones but definately NEVER all of them.
Bones dont have to be zeroed. Usually if you use RPR is because that bone may be gimbal locked or not aligned properly. Theres also other tools that can help fix bone alignment.
I also rarely ever use skelegons for character rigging. I much prefer to rig in layout.

toby
12-17-2006, 04:04 AM
I did find a way to zero the bones once, A Maya animator asked for it, I'll see if I can figure it out again for you. I think I used a certain command -