PDA

View Full Version : Abobe Photoshop CS3

kilvano
12-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Released on beta this thurs aparently.

ive not had a chance to search. Anyone with an Intel mac should be happy :)

cresshead
12-15-2006, 11:14 AM
beta is for the basic version and not the pro version also the basic version being a beta is currenly missing some features that willship in the final release..

mainly a U.I. workflow update by the looks of it.

Silkrooster
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
A podcast just demonstrated the beta yesterday. The podcast is called Adobe Creative Suite Video Podcast at http://cspodcast.libsyn.com/rss
Silk

toby
12-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't suppose they have layers and more filters for HDRs yet - the kind of stuff you've been able to do in Lightwave for 6 years already...

*Sigh* Won't somebody make a VFX flavor of Photoshop?

Silkrooster
12-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I see the features are a little light in cs2. I suppose this is a problem with all 16 bit images not just hdr.
Silk

cresshead
12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
i do hear that the pro version...yeah there's a pro version as well...will have 3d interface open gl with 3d model import and texture painting and well as a rotatable 2d canvas like that of tv paint and corel painter....no proce on that version as yet though.

i've seen the info on several forums but not from an adobe source as yet....

toby
12-15-2006, 11:20 PM
i do hear that the pro version...yeah there's a pro version as well...will have 3d interface open gl with 3d model import and texture painting and well as a rotatable 2d canvas like that of tv paint and corel painter....no proce on that version as yet though.

i've seen the info on several forums but not from an adobe source as yet....
I'd be STUNNED if Adobe added that many new features in one release! Pleasantly!

But to be nit-picky, if I could have anything I wanted, I'd want a vfx 'only' version, one that wasn't so weighed down by all the pro print plugins. It takes a looong time for PS to start up. But come to think of it, LW is the only 3D program I know of that starts up instantly - is it because it doesn't load plugins until you use them? Can we get everybody else on board? :D

monfoodoo
12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
One thing photoshop sorely needs is mirror function.Not only do i use cs for LW but at the tattoo shop for our layouts which a mirror tool is needed(alot).

Silkrooster
12-16-2006, 02:19 AM
I think it would be really cool if they would add uv tools.
Silk

Andyjaggy
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
I would be in complete shock if all those features were added. That would actually make updating worth it for me, unlike most updates for PS in the past. Heck I'll be pleased if it has full support for 16 bit and HDRI images.

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Or even a tiling paint function like zbrush has.