PDA

View Full Version : Motion Baking Pre-Post Behavior

Chrusion
12-14-2006, 04:35 PM
How do you bake pre- and/or post-behavior motions such as Repeat?

The Motion Baker plugin TOTALLY IGNORES this option, even though the manual (LW 9.0) says "... and so on" saying nothing about pre/post behaviours being excluded, therefore the "and so on" must mean it is supposed to, but it ain't!

Just to clarify... when the plug is applied, the disired channels are selected, and the timeline played, the motion between keys is baked, but the "replicated" curve shown in the GE when post behavior is set to Repeat simply gets "over written" with the value of the last keyframe... the virtual part of the curve is "erased" as the play head continues on.

Chrusion
12-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Think I figured it out... still, nothing about doing this in the manual.

I enabled "Extra Channels" in Motion Baker. After playing the timeline, each object with MB applied now showed brown colored "AfterIK.n" channels with the repeated curved properly baked. Then it was a matter of the time consuming tedium of copying and pasting each 'extra' channel's keys (1600 of them) to the corresponding real channel (which took a half minute each).

Be sure to NOT save the scene over itself! Save a normal scene without even the plugins applied, a "pre-baked" scene with the plugs applied but without playing the timeline to bake, and finally a baked scene with all keys copy/pasted and plugs removed.

FONGOOL
12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Good info! Thanks :)

shrox
12-15-2006, 01:02 PM
"I must have more cowbell"

Is that from Christopher Walken on an SNL skit?

SplineGod
12-16-2006, 03:07 AM
Set your pre/post behavior in the GE and indicate the range you want the behavior to repeat. Seleect the channels you want to bake from the channel bin and hit the b key to bake.