PDA

View Full Version : Revolution

dablan
12-14-2006, 08:37 AM
For those of you that came on board with NewTek, the VT, and LightWave recently, and even in the mid 90's, there's still a few of us around that were here from the very beginning.

This is the promotional video NewTek released that literally changed the video
production and animation industry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nymVNhy4dw8

Lew
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Ah, Kiki, what happened to you girl?

Nicolas Jordan
12-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Very Cool! I am 26 now so most of this cool revolutionary stuff was happening before I even new about it. Takes me back to a different time thats for sure.:D
I didn't realize Kiki has been with Newtek that long either. Must have been pretty cool for some of you guys seeing it all happen and being able to see Video Toaster and Lightwave evolve through the years. :lwicon: :) :vticon:

Thanks for posting that Dan for those of us who never got to see it before.

cresshead
12-14-2006, 09:39 AM
retro-land!

cheers for sharing!

JamesCurtis
12-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I'm 51 and was riding the wave for many years. Funny thing is that I made more money then than I do now because things take far less time to do now and there is much more competition.

Heck, back then there were only a few video production studios and none of them were doing 3D where I live. I got lots of freelance contract work back then. But now its different. There's more people out there doing what I do. The colleges are churning computer graphic artists and animators out in droves.

I remember my first video drives. A 2 gig was $4000.00. Now you get 250 gigs for about $150.00

Its been like a roller coaster. The climb up is slow and hard, then you coast down, all the hills and you syop at the end. The only way to get going again is to get back on that coaster. I'm finally getting some clients back after things took a real nose dive in 2001 - 2005.

Anyway, believe it or not, its still been fun.