PDA

View Full Version : LW9 modeler won't start

js33
12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
WTF? I have done nothing and after using LW9 for a few months all of the sudden Modeler won't start. It tries to load and the screen goes mostly white then I just have to quit it in the Task Manager.

Then I was thinking maybe I didn't have the actual release software so I downloaded the latest version 9 (not beta 9.2).

I reinstalled and it still does the same thing. Out of about 20 tries I got it to load once but even then it was alot slower than normal. Usually it would fire right up.

I renamed the LWM9.cfg file so it would create a new one but tha made no difference either.

I have been working on projects for several months with 9 as it has been fine. It just started acting up today.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

js33
12-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Why can't I edit my post above? I see the edit button on this one but not the one above.
I meant to say I have done nothing different and now today for some reason Modeler decides not to run. I have work to do and this kinda crap is very irratating.

Phil
12-13-2006, 10:41 PM
The likely answer to your first problem is the hub. Edit the shortcut (Windows) to have a space followed by -0 after the final part of the command to launch each of Modeler and Layout. On Mac, you have to edit the command line files in the programs folder in the LW install folder. This should allow everything to work again. The hub is problematic for quite a few people in 9.0

The reason that you cannot see an 'edit' button on your first post is because more than two minutes have elapsed. There is a two minute window for editing posts. After that, your scribblings are preserved for posterity.

js33
12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks Phil but it was Zonealarm. For some reason it freaked out today. I've only had it installed for 6 years. Today it decided to freak out. I updated it so it should be OK now I have to straighten out Norton Antivirus. It bugs the crap out of you to renew when your virus definitions expire. I've been just closing the services that bring up the nag screen (only way to get them to go away). I hate having to run all this security software to make up for Microsofts short comings.

I run the free version of ZA and it works OK usually. I think I may uninstall NAV and give AVG a try again.

Hmmm. I like to be able to edit my posts even the next day or two in case you said something stupid or nasty, hehehehe, you can change it. I guess having a two minute limit makes you really think about what you say in the moment.