PDA

View Full Version : Nodes

Graphx
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I have a question to ask. When you import a node setting someone exported why does it not connect to the surface node. I've downloaded some samples from people here and when loading them in they do not connect the the surface node. Then I have to try and figure out where they connect to.

UnCommonGrafx
12-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah, that is one of many little sniggles I hope they work out. Presets would be the way to go here for transportablility, in this case.
Exported nodes are more about a library of little nodelets that can combine and help build into more nodal goodness. A gradient saved here or there as black to white or depth can be archived; this easily combines with a perfect zbrushnode to give you that perfect look for an sss look... everytime. A preset could do it, too, which is what you should request from someone else.

Also, folks should learn that the comment line is at the bottom. As long as you press return, it will retain your text. ;)

juli51
02-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Could you please tell me what a node is?,... I hear and hear about it,.. but still don't know exactly what it is,... I would be very thankfull

Mark The Great
03-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Could you please tell me what a node is?,... I hear and hear about it,.. but still don't know exactly what it is,... I would be very thankfull

When you have a complex set of shaders (proceedurals, gradients etc), the layers of textures in the surface editor become very hard to figure out.

Nodes serve as layers in a surface, just like in the normal surface editor.

The difference being that nodes can represent numbers, textures, shaders, or anything else to modify your surface (either directly or by modifying other nodes).

To put it all into one sentence: Nodes are an easy way to make what would otherwise be a very complex surface.

Mark The Great
03-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh, and does anyone know if it is possible to use a node network to shade hypervoxels?

dpont
04-01-2007, 10:50 AM
If you are PC, there's a limited node texture editor (no raytrace/illuminate functions no advanced shaders) accessible in Texture Layers.
and for Hypertexturing, there's also a node volume (node editor for hypertextures).
Once there are installed both plugins are listed as procedural.
http://perso.orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes.html

Denis.