PDA

View Full Version : New forums for plug-ins

Sarford
12-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi all and moderators,

I was wondering if it was a good idear to make new forums on the NewTek forums for plug-ins support. Most plug-ins don't have a support forum or it's not used for a long time. Since a lot of users here have a lot of different plug-ins I thought we could help eachother out with problems, create our own support forums so to speak.

I know you could still ask your question in the general help forum, but making specific forums keeps things tidy and gives you directions where to look if problems arise.

I thought of a forum for:
Maestro
Mesiah
HD instance
general plug ins

and maybe more?

flame away...

Sensei
12-13-2006, 06:21 AM
My opinion is that the more forum categories the less chance somebody will answer questions quickly.. Only the people interested in asking question will visit them regulary..

Searching NewTek forums for keyword like mesiah gives just 3 found threads.. You can imagine how popular software it's in LW community basing on this value.. FPrime is mentioned 500 times, LWCAD 308 times..

Silkrooster
12-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Should the interest ever grow, you will find on my forum, sections dedicated to plug ins and lscript for sharing and learning. Some sections are temporarily locked until I can get a few pro programmers on board to answer questions.
This is not meant to share commercial code, as illegal activity if forbidden on my forum.
Most but not all Lightwave extensions are recognized.
Silk

evenflcw
12-14-2006, 02:00 AM
I agree with Sensei.

Chuck
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi all and moderators,

I was wondering if it was a good idear to make new forums on the NewTek forums for plug-ins support. Most plug-ins don't have a support forum or it's not used for a long time. Since a lot of users here have a lot of different plug-ins I thought we could help eachother out with problems, create our own support forums so to speak.

I know you could still ask your question in the general help forum, but making specific forums keeps things tidy and gives you directions where to look if problems arise.

I thought of a forum for:
Maestro
Mesiah
HD instance
general plug ins

and maybe more?

flame away...

Rather than splitting up per product, we've provided a single section for Third Party discussions:

Third Party Forum Section (http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)