PDA

View Full Version : Checking if you're in the demo version?

regularfry
12-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Has anybody got a quick pointer on how a plugin might find out if it's being launched from a registered copy of the LW9 demo edition?

Sensei
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Check dongle id whether it's not 0 or constant value using System ID global.. Normally when LW is launched without dongle inserted it's 0 if I recall correctly.. But remember that serial no mask is 0xFFFF, not the one given in LW SDK!

regularfry
12-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Check dongle id whether it's not 0 or constant value using System ID global.. Normally when LW is launched without dongle inserted it's 0 if I recall correctly.. But remember that serial no mask is 0xFFFF, not the one given in LW SDK!

That only tells you whether LightWave can see a dongle, not whether it's got a demo licence. I'm looking for a way to distinguish between a demo licence and discovery mode. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that is...

Sensei
12-18-2006, 08:23 AM
There was no updates to LW SDK between making LW SDK v9.0 in March and releasing LightWave v9 demo version, so even if they made some adjustment to SDK (honestly I doubt), nobody know about them yet..