PDA

View Full Version : Image Map Problems (lots of Buzz)

asmind
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi guys,
just need some advice on image mapping.
Iam trying to render an image map onto a flat 3D object. The Image Map has come from Photoshop and i have used a UV texture to Map it on.
The problem is that when i render the object and then play it though the DS nitris' TV monitor the image has a lot of BUZZ in it.
have tried to increase the AA in LW and tried to blur the image but still have the same probelm
Also tried the different AA modes Ie soft box, gaussan etc, etc.

cant think of wat else to do.
any ideas?
thanks..........

Wonderpup
12-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Not sure if this is a solution but it might be worth a try rendering to fields if it's for TV.

asmind
12-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Hiya mate,

thanks for ur reply, tried using Field Redering lastnite, looked smoother but the image still buzzed!

thanks any though mate.

toby
12-14-2006, 01:22 PM
How much anti-aliasing have you tried? Don't be surprised if you need to use extreme, if you have fast motion or sharp lines you usually will. Classic AA and Classic filter are still the best and fastest.

Can you post a still? We might be able to identify other problems.

SplineGod
12-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Another problem you run into is flickering due to interlacing. This is especially bad if you have tiny details or things like single pixel horizontal lines. This results in some details being visible in one field and not the other.

asmind
01-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys for your help.
Bumped up the AA to High which has reduced the problem by about 50% and in the DS Nitris used "3D DVE- Surpress Vertical Jitter". that helps alot.
The image is slighty blurred but it does lose alot of the buzz
What gets me is that how do u put detail onto objects and not have this problem?
Been going through the internet trying to find out why but with no definite soloution.
ill try and post some work to give u guys a better understanding.
Anyone know if lightwave or any 3rd Party pakages which will eliminate this problem completly.
My gues is it can be done because you dont see this problem with the big budget 3D animations you see on TV & Film.

Thanks for reading this guys, ur help has been noted.
ta!

Lightwolf
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Basically: the image filtering isn't as good as it could be, I hope to see this adressed in the future.

One thing that helps a bit is to add a tiny bit of motion blur (5%-10%) - it increases your render times, but gets rid of the problem to an extent (nad you may well use it in conjunction with field rendering).

Thin lines flickering on fields are best countered with a tiny vertical blur (0.5 to 1.0 pixels high), I assume that is what the Avid filter does.

Cheers,
Mike

toby
01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
We forgot to mention mip-mapping and pixel blending. Make sure those are still on, in the texture layer and image editor. Also be aware of any pixels that are too bright, the more contrast there is between neighboring pixels the more likely the image is to flicker, especially when it involves colors above 100% value.
Is there any way you can post an image?

mattc
01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Basically: the image filtering isn't as good as it could be, I hope to see this adressed in the future.

Cheers,
Mike

Jay mentioned that it would be.

M.

asmind
01-11-2007, 08:26 AM
here is 6 secs of the one of the moves.

If u play this on a monitor u will seea lot of buzz in the b.drop.
this has not passed through the "3D DVE" on the Nitris.
its a mp4 codec on it. its the best i could do without losing too much quality and size.

thanks for looking at it.

Asmind

Lightwolf
01-11-2007, 08:33 AM
You mean on the water? Is that even an image or a procedural?
I'd recommend upping the AA, add motion blur or lower the bump height/detail on the water.

Cheers,
Mike

asmind
01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
its the overall area in the distance that seems to buzz. the pylons and trees and even the water buzz when u play it through a TV monitor.

Cheerz for the quick response man.

asmind