PDA

View Full Version : Opening Targas in Lightwave 8.5/9

anthemfx
12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Weird problem... Some Targa files (rendered out of lightwave 8.5) do not open again in LightWave 8.5 or 9. And others do? what's up with that? These files load in Shake or Preview, etc.

We just started using th excellent Screamer Net Controller app to set up the Screamer Net render farm (nice!) and I don't think there's anything relating these two events, but I mention it for completeness.

Any hints or tips for Targa and Lightwave? Does there need to be a specfic TGA loader and saver plugin in LightWave or what?

Thanks,

Mat X
VFX Sysadmin (not a lightwave artist!)

Chilton
12-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi Mat,

If you can either post a targa (one that doesn't work) or email it to me ([email protected]), I'll be happy to take a look.

-Chilton

tribbles
12-11-2006, 01:50 PM
There was a change in the way TGAs were generated in LW9, but I didn't see this in 8.5 (they're generated up-side-down - there's a flag in the file which does this. I only found this out because I use my own program to read and convert them).

But I can't think of a reason why some would open, and some won't - especially if they were all generated by the same version of LW.

[edited to correct a word]