PDA

View Full Version : Why no LSCommander in Modeler?

banacan
12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why NewTek still has not made LSCommander available in Modeler? I have hundreds of files that I need to do the same group of bevel functions to - really tedious, exact manipulations. LSCommander would be the perfect tool for recording my very detailed steps which could then be turned into an Lscript. If the functionality is already there in Layout, why not in Modeler?

Frustrated!

toby
12-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Word.

I'm trying to find the time to learn some LScript for just this reason.

colkai
12-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Durn tootin'
I'd love this facility in Modeller, it would open up the ability to produce a lot of useful "macro" scripts when working, which would cut modelling time significantly and improve workflow.

So yeah, gimme already! :)

banacan
12-12-2006, 06:30 AM
So many programs offer macro recorders that record the sequence of mouse clicks, commands and keyboard entries for playback on demand. What a simple idea! What a useful idea! In Photoshop I can perform in 10 minutes what would take me days to do individually, and without having to learn a scripting language and syntax. I don't get it. If NewTek already has this in Layout, what is stopping them from including it in Modeler?

tyrot
12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
dear banacan

after re-watching Lscript videos from NT side, i am with you on this. There are millions of clicks i religiously repeat. IT would be a God send such a useful thing in modeler..

Best