PDA

View Full Version : Loading a video clip in Backdrop messes up the original field order

Cavemandude
12-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I currently have Lightwave 7.5C and have found a problem I can't seem to fix. I load a DV resolution Lower field .avi video clip such as a Digital Juice animated background into the Backdrop and after I render it in LightWave and play it back the DV video clip I loaded into the Backdrop no longer plays smoothly as if the fields were not interpreted correctly when imported as a backdrop.

I've been using Odd fields first for all my rendering and that works great for all my DV projects in Adobe Premiere. I tried both Odd and Even fields and Even fields made it worse.

Here are the tests I've done so far. I render an animation with no backdrop in LightWave with Odd fields and that works fine when I import the rendered TGA files into Premiere using Lower fields and it plays back smoothly in the timeline. Premiere uses Lower fields in DV mode just like video shot with a DV camcorder so I know I have that set right.

I render out that LightWave animation in Premiere and export it as a new DV.avi file. I then load that new DV.avi clip into LightWave as a backdrop and render that out into TGA files again using Odd fields setting. I import the new TGA's into Premiere again and it now stutters and no longer plays back smoothly.

My main problem is importing DV.avi clips of my Digital Juice animated backgrounds as a backdrop to render a LightWave animation on top of them. When I try to do this the animation on top of the Backdrop plays smoothly in but the Digital Juice animated background underneath the LightWave animation stutters as if the fields were reversed.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I saw no way to adjust fields in the Backdrop like you can in Surfaces.

Thanks,

Randy

randomnumbers
12-11-2006, 12:49 PM
In the image editor, in the source tab you can set the interlace to odd first, even first or off.