PDA

View Full Version : Can you start clips with GPI?

Rory Berger
06-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Does anyoe know how to start clips from TEd or DDR by using the GPI trigger? I hear that there is no SMPTE chase on VT2 so how can I lock to someone else's signal?

I need to start clips at the same time a drumer starts his pro tools track.

Rory Berger
06-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have experience with the remote GPI on the VT2?

I need a cable immediately for a tour that starts this weekend.

I have the diagram from Newtek, but it has all the tally and internals. Does anyone know what pins on the s-vga style connector I need to connect to a pushbutton to trigger the switcher so I can cue a DDR clip?

bbeanan
06-17-2003, 03:18 PM
on a hd-db15 connector it is pins 12 & 13 which need to short to pin 10 to trigger the default GPI. The default action is just like pushing the Auto button or Take button on the switcher. Which if you have your DDR in cue mode it would trigger it to start playing.

In the feature request section I have a thread asking for cuing abilities which could then be triggered via theGPI allowing the VT3 to connect to a Show Control System... please add your support to this request by adding your comments onto the discussion:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5011

Also in about 2 weeks I will have a full breakout box for sale which will provide a remote for the GPI and usable outputs for Tally Lights.

eon5
02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Does anyoe know how to start clips from TEd or DDR WITHOUT SX8 ?

bradl
02-25-2005, 10:09 PM
on a hd-db15 connector it is pins 12 & 13 which need to short to pin 10 to trigger the default GPI. The default action is just like pushing the Auto button or Take button on the switcher. Which if you have your DDR in cue mode it would trigger it to start playing.I thought there were supposed to be many GPI's (100 or so) available and 'easy' to assign to various tasks with simple Toaster Scripts. That is what I remember hearing from some of the Newtek team at a party years ago at Newtek. All this time later and we only have Take and that's it?

I never checked into it much further as I did not have an SX-8 either. I was told you can't do GPI without the daughter card which you can't buy seperately. Although I have always suspected the GPI triggers were accessible along the top of the VT card where the bridge board connects but I have never heard of anyone testing this out.