PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, I have a problem in Realtek Audio Manger...

DiedonD
12-11-2006, 01:27 AM
For those that have heard about it, and/or (if Im lucky) have it and have been using it, I have this problem:

It has these great effects, that I want to capture while I do voices in my characters. Like bathroom, auditorium, Hangar and the like.

But It cant be done. All Ive managed to capture so far is the voice itself. Cause when I say use the Hangar effect, and record it on Sound Recorder (yes simple, but it has best results), and I want to playback, and as I playback it, if I change the effect on the effects area, the playbacked sound changes too. Showing that it wasnt captured with the effect, its just using it as a show for there, then and only in this computer, cause it has the option.

So Im stuck basically. And by "definition" you do voices before you get to do animation. Thats how I want to go through with it anyway. One complete scene at a time.

So how can I capture the effects in my voices?

Any help will do, I thank you in advance.

Bog
12-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Hum. It sounds like it's adding the effect as a post-process during playback. Maybe if you grab yourself something like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), then the various filters available for that may help you acheive the same effect, but in a savable format.

DiedonD
12-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Ok Audicity will allow to record Realtek with effects and voice, while its beeing playbacked. Its another layer like, specifically to capture it like.
I sure hope this works. Its kinda in a roundabout way, but any way should work.
Though I wish I could troubleshoot the problem on Realtek. The manual even guides me to the half way. It says go to Mixer, Recorder area and click on Mic in/Line in and Realtek Digital In, which were nowhere to be found. :thumbsdow
Anyway, thanks Bog, Im gonna have to see how it went some 4 hours after from now.

DiedonD
12-13-2006, 12:53 AM
No.... Unfortunately Im loosing precious, precious quality of voice with Audacity. It looks like the only way forward is right through the problem, and in Realtek instead.

Any other help would be very appreciated.

Silkrooster
12-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Is realtek a sound card? It sounds like your not using the right audio source to capture the audio.
Things to check (this is really a guessing game at the moment since I don't have a clue to what realtek is)
double click on your speaker icon in your system tray click on options, then properties. Look for realtek (or similar) listed in both playback and recording. For example I have a SoundBlaster XFi Card and in the recording I have an option called "What U Hear" (yes it literally says that) Click on that then any and all recording software will record what you hear from your speakers instead of just the mic.
There are loads of software that can accomplish the same thing postprocess. Adobe Audition, Sony SoundForge just to name a couple.
Good luck and I hope I wasn't too far off. lol.
Silk

DiedonD
12-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Is realtek a sound card? It sounds like your not using the right audio source to capture the audio.
Things to check (this is really a guessing game at the moment since I don't have a clue to what realtek is)
double click on your speaker icon in your system tray click on options, then properties. Look for realtek (or similar) listed in both playback and recording. For example I have a SoundBlaster XFi Card and in the recording I have an option called "What U Hear" (yes it literally says that) Click on that then any and all recording software will record what you hear from your speakers instead of just the mic.
There are loads of software that can accomplish the same thing postprocess. Adobe Audition, Sony SoundForge just to name a couple.
Good luck and I hope I wasn't too far off. lol.
Silk

Realtek HD Audio Manager is the right name. It camealong with my motherboard for free, and Im surprized to see the level of quality it can deliver. It also has its own effects. Its a, and it might be a sound card software, that came with its own drivers. I dont have any jacks to tweak the volumes in te recording area. Though Ive downloaded the drivers several times, something is missing right there. ANd it might be related to the imcapturability of the effect.

Silkrooster
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
It sounds like you have an on board sound card. I have a feeling my first post is not too far off. Could you post a screen grab of your software? Maybe I could see where the setting is. I know it took me a while with the dedicated software that came with mine, but I have to option of using their software or the mixer that comes with windows. Do you see a speaker icon in your system tray? It may be disabled this can be verifed in the control panel's sound section. There is a check box for the speaker icon.
Silk

DiedonD
12-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Ive been searching for an answer reently. And the search sent me to the company that made the motherboard that came together with the sound card. What Ive so far seen in FAQ, Download area, Forum and even in a Technical Inquiry is that I need to download another driver (which I did) and see weather I have any problems afterwards. Ill have a look at it in 2 hour time, and perhaps it will end my problem for good.

A story comes to my mind from all this. There was a nice poor old man, that always managed to find things to do so he could have what to eat. His family was all grown up, and his wife had died. And when his son in law (daughters husband) was in a financial difficulties, he came first for help saying "How much do you need?"

This is how this forum is. And to be more specific, this is how I found most of you guys here. Youve never saw the programe, and you know little about it. Your knowledge about it is as poor as the old mans financing. And yet you step forward to help, anyway you can.

I find that very touching. And as a way to show my thanks, I want to share an Albanian joke with you on the next reply. Hope you all like it, specially you Bog and Silkrooster. Have fun.

DiedonD
12-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Why Albanians can't be terrorists...

1. 8:45 am is too early for us to be up.

2. We are always late, we would have missed all 4 flights.

3. Pretty people on the plane distract us.

4. We would talk loudly and bring attention to ourselves.

5. With buk (bread) , djath (cheese) , and raki (hard aclhoholic drink) on the plane, we would forget why we're there.

6. We talk with our hands; therefore we would have to put our weapons down.

7. We would all want to fly the plane.

8. We would argue and start a fight in the plane.

9. We can't keep a secret; we would have told everyone a week before doing it.

And my favorite ..........

10. We would have put our country's flag on the windshield!

:lwicon: :newtek: :santa: