PDA

View Full Version : Output

Chrysalis
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm working on a project about the history of carriage design. I have models, scientific analysis, animations, sound, video etc of the subject matter. I used Lightwave 8.5, Photoshop, Illustrator and several other packages.

I want to create Interactive Multimedia disks which can be used for educational purposes (history of westward expansion etc).

Questions:
What software is being used to create commercial quality DVD and Multimedia disks containing objects, scenes, animations and other materials created in Lightwave, Vue and other 3D packages? I've seen eZediaMX and others, but I'm unsure if they'll integrate the Lightwave and other formats.

What hardware is being used to create multiple copies of a given disk. I know I could use my design computer DVDRW. I envision high production numbers and want my design computer to remain usable as such.

There will eventually be other products in addition to those for the history of carriage design.

Bog
12-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Most of the "Rich Media" or "Multimedia" disks you see seem to be created with Macromedia Director - certainly in my experience which admittedly is restricted to the hinterlands of the UK.

For DVD authoring, which is more about linking video playback segments than it is about actual interactivity, then tools like Adobe Encore (which I heartily do not recommend having lost a notable amount of sanity to it's 1.0 version) will let you do the relatively straightforward media-item-linking thing and author out a DVD-ROM, suitable for either Set-Top Box or PC/Mac usage.

In terms of mass duplication, the usual route is to create a Master Disk which one sends to a reproduction facility, where they will make a Glass Master disk, from which many many copies of the DVD can be pressed.

Chrysalis
12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
great info - thanks Bog

Bog
12-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I live only to serve.

But bear in mind - your mileage may vary. My experience is not the only one.

Bog
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
And don't forget, for web-publication of your LightWave scenes, or any rich-media experience under Vista or a properly-enabled XP Install, Shaxam - your LightWave to XAML converter of choice, will always be there.

For you. For me. For everybody.

I am become shill. I feel soiled.