PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 report

sacsack
12-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Hello,

I just want to say how much I enjoy working with LW. I spend 8 to 12 houra a day on the computer, LW had made it much better, it is fast and easy to learn.
renny:agree:

DiedonD
12-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Hello,

I just want to say how much I enjoy working with LW. I spend 8 to 12 houra a day on the computer, LW had made it much better, it is fast and easy to learn.
renny:agree:

Nice of you to share the enjoynment with us. I want you to know that the Almighty Time is beeing nice to you, and you are a lucky person to spend time on what you want, especially 8-12 hours of heavenly time in LW.
What Im trying to say is, some dont have time to visit heaven as much as you do, and you shouldnt take that for granted. So enjoy it while you can, hope it reaches climax, and have another extra time for the ones that dont have it, will you? Just like the ones that run on a marathon, that say on the end "Im doing this for the ones that are unable to walk" :lwicon:

toby
12-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Welcome sacsack!
I know exactly what you mean, I had the same experience when I started learning it - except it was 14 hours a day! Without getting frustrated! Nothing has ever kept me entertained that long. I went from making coffee pots in Ray Dream Studio to a completed motorcycle in LW[6] in 2 months.

Now look what you've done, you got me sentimental :heart: :lwicon: :cry:

And you've made a good move by coming here, you will get all the advice you need, it's a great place.

Silkrooster
12-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey Toby,
I also had Ray Dream Studio ver. 5. I wish I could switched to lightwave way back then. Oh how I kick my self. When I got that demo VHS tape of the toaster, I debated and debated until hmmm don't remember. Now playing catch up.
Anyways, never did find out what happen to ray dream's CD some how got lost. Still have the manual though. Reminiscing again lol.
Silk

toby
12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
You have my sympathies! How about that 3-plane modeler? GOD it was hard to make coffee pots!

Silkrooster
12-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, trying to figure out rail and multirail extrudes. Oh man. Those were the days.
Silk

toby
12-10-2006, 03:00 AM
:l33t:

kevinone
12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I,ve tried just about all the programs out there; but I keep coming back to Lightwave for one big reason.... Bandsaw!

Snosrap
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
I,ve tried just about all the programs out there; but I keep coming back to Lightwave for one big reason.... Bandsaw!

Your kidding, right? I have not tried them all by any means, but I did purchase modo 202. I certainly don't go back to LW for bandsaw. I go back for the great camera system, the easy surfacing, great artsy modeler and of course FPrime. LW may not be the most modern app out there, but it does a lot of things real well, fast and easy.

Cheers
Snos

lwaddict
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Loads of reasons to stick with Lightwave...
and yeah,
I've still got the old RayDream sitting on the shelf.
In fact...I may even have those videos that sold me on Lightwave 5 and even the Toaster video...

Ah...memories.

Kuzey
12-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Ray Dream....what a nightmare.

It crashed every 5 minutes or so and it was hard to make anything :hey:

Now, a great classic 3d app was infini-d :thumbsup:

Kuzey