PDA

View Full Version : Question about upgrading to Sasquatch full

Paul_Boland
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi.

I've the limit in Sas lite (only renders the first eight instances of Sas) in Lightwave 8.5, so purchasing Sas full is on my shopping list. It's going to take a few weeks to save for it but I have a question in the meantime.

I have created a bear model which, as you can guess, is covered in fur using Sas lite. When I get Sas full, is it easy to transfer over from Sas lite to Sas full? I don't have to manually redo all my Sas work, do I?

lede
12-08-2006, 12:10 PM
You probably will want to since sas full has tons of options that are not available in the lite version. There are a ton of settings that will help make the process of making fur go faster. The good thing about the two though is you can take what you learned from the lite version and start appling it to the full packedge. The sas manual will go though tons of hair information when you get it so make sure to book some time to read that sucker.

-Lee

DiedonD
12-09-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi.

I have created a bear model which, as you can guess, is covered in fur using Sas lite...

Do you have a bigger picture of the bear Paul. The bear is a toon, and the fur seems to be toony as well. Could you give a link of a bigger bear picture, and tell me how you do tooony fur's?

Also, I cant get to your site for some reason. Maybe you should check that out too.

SplineGod
12-09-2006, 01:54 AM
I would also check out fiber factory

lwaddict
12-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Sasquatch.

Fiber Factory is good too...but for different reasons.

Sasquatch runs as a filter and has it's ups and downs...
Fiber Factory physically creates hairs and uses a filter...
so depending on the rest of your setup/scene, memory and some calculations may or may not be an issue.

Read up on both if you're forced to choose just one.

hrgiger
12-11-2006, 03:49 AM
If we could get an answer from Worley on when and if there will be a Sas 2, I would go with Sasquatch. But until then, I might look into Fiber Factory just because Fiber Factory has a few less limitations (as far as what it will render) and the price is better. However, I have faith in Worley that if and when he does put out a second version of Sas, it will blow everything else out of the water, at least for the time being.

Paul_Boland
12-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have looked at Fiber Factory before but it is for Lightwave 9, and I am using 8.5. I've also noticed recently that Worley have released a 1.8 update to Sas which did make me wonder if Sas 2 was in the works? If it is, I'll hold off purchasing Sas full till Sas 2 appears.

Do you have a bigger picture of the bear Paul. The bear is a toon, and the fur seems to be toony as well. Could you give a link of a bigger bear picture, and tell me how you do tooony fur's?

Also, I cant get to your site for some reason. Maybe you should check that out too.

Diedond, the avatar image I use here is not a Lightwave creation. It's not even my creation, it's just a bit of clipart that I like that I've used. I'm still fairly new to Lightwave and my bear model is nowhere near as good looking as my avatar image.

As for my website, I've checked the link and it takes me to the webspace which I share with my sister. When you get here, click the KnightTrek Productions website banner and that will take you in.

Thanks everyone, appreciate it.