PDA

View Full Version : hello world

Aubade
12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Greetings All

It's goodto be here!

Been around a week or so, thought I ought to say hello, but since getting LW9 about a week ago seem to have been a little 'busy' for some reason...

The avatar over there <-- is my first render from LW .. questions about why it's not as I expected are for another place, but couldn't wish for a better to place to share it now could I?

I first got into 3D on my *sigh* Amiga 1200 using Imagine, Real3D, C4D etc , and since The Legend of the Babylon 5 pilot LW has been a dream .. sometimes they do come true!

Having a little trouble with the tutorials I can find as there aren't so many for LW9 and menus etc are different.. come on Dan! Get that book out! Tell the publishers I need it! hehe .. think you've got at least one sale :D

Anyway.. Most of my life I've been a musician.. (Rock 'n' Roll, been there done that) .. and that little Video synch window in my Cubase kept winking at me, it finally got it's way.. so... if anyone needs music for their project get in touch and we can talk.. :thumbsup:

Sarford
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the comunity :)
Congratulations with your new toy, I wish you many happy renders

Silkrooster
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Welcome aboard. It will do you well, to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Very few of them have changed. Also you can change the menu to look like an earlier version with the menu editor. But the earlier version would be lacking the newer tools, so in the end learning the new locations is preferred.
If you can not find a tool, I'll bet you someone on this forum will tell you exactly where to find it, if it still exists. If it does not, then odds are pretty good that they will tell you the equivalent tool or work around. But normally when a tool no longer exists it has been replaced with a tool that is superior.
Good luck and have fun,
Silk

cresshead
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
hi there welcome to the 3d world !

lede
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome, just had to jump in and say hi to a fellow Amiga user. Haven't heard that word in a looooonnnnnnnggggg time. Anyways there are several different menu defaults you can change to. Just find one that makes sence to you and use it. Learning the keyboard shortcuts is invaluable. Most of the time I get upset when there isn't a keyboard shortcut for a tool I use.

Anyways just keep wacking away at the tutorials on NT site and also check on the internet for Lightwave Tutorials. Google has a few great link sites that you might want to check out.

Posting some of your problems here will usually get some great answers. I don't know how many times I've asked questions in the tips and tricks section and some pops in and gets me a good solution. Good luck and happy wavin'

-Lee

Ztreem
12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome! Yeah, the Amiga days was a fun time. I still got a A1200 in my closet.

art
12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the community.
A friend of mine borrowed my a1200 in 1993 and I haven't seen it since :( and I sold my a500 looong time ago. I did some silly music on trackers back in the days but it is probably all lost now (maybe I should consider it luck)

Aubade
12-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I still got a A1200 in my closet.

Hehe .. so do I... :bowdown: :bowdown:

thanks to all for your welcomes.. and advices. much appreciated :)