PDA

View Full Version : Uv problem

hyperfx
12-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi there,

I'm in the process of uv mapping a Stuka and I keep doing something wrong!!
I've tried lots of different ways but keep coming up with the same problem.
When I'm in Modeler the uv looks fine, then I export as eps and open up in Illustrator and the geometry is always pulled to the bottom left corner. I must be missing out on an important step somewhere....
This is one of many ways I've tried:
1. Select part to unwrap.
2. Split seam.
3. Unwrap. I've also tried to cut and paste, unweld, ect, before this step but it still doesn't work.
4. Scale, position.
5. Merge points when done.
6. Export
Help please!!:)

Dodgy
12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I tend to use this...

You should ask about his beta, which allows you to copy the UV image straight to the clipboard, which I then paste into a photoshop doc.

http://www.3dcybercorp.com/software/uvimaginator/index.html

hyperfx
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks Dodgy!:thumbsup: I've just downloaded UvImaginator and will check it out quickly. Do you think the problem could be when I export as an eps?

Dodgy
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Possible, I've only used that route once or twice, so I haven't a clue!

hyperfx
12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Well....looks as if you got it sorted for me, THANKS!:D I will have to hop back over to 3dcybercorp and make a donation!
I will paint it up roughly an paste it on to see if it's worked.

Thanks again.

hyperfx
12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I got it working perfectly in LW. Yay! The problem now is when I import it into Vue6I or Vue5I The uv's come out all wierd! Any suggestions. Thanks

hyperfx
12-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Ok, I just got it sorted. I saved the model in Lw under a different name, then opened it in Vue and the uv's are fine..:D . whew... Thought I was going mad!

Thank you for the help!:thumbsup:

Brent