PDA

View Full Version : export error in layout

jim_ww
12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
i am using the trial of v9 to do some workflow tests, and i am having some difficulty. i have a complex plane model in LWS format, which i am trying to export. i have all the objects selected, select Modeler Tools > Export > ExportOBJ, select an export path and name, then hit Save. status console returns an error which states: OBJ Export: Operation Failed - code: 1 (OBJ export: Unable to detect items for export)

i am hoping this is just user error, and has an easy solution. thanks.

jim ww

donny
12-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Does LightWave say Discovery Edition across the top?

jim_ww
12-11-2006, 09:53 AM
nope. this is the fully enabled 30 day trial version. it is not an obvious problem, so far as i can tell.

i have not used lightwave in years, so i thought maybe i was just being clumsy, but i have double checked that the plug-ins are all recognized, and re-read the relevant documentation. i just seem to be getting an error, which i cannot explain. it may even be a bug, possibly related to the age of my machine, the platform, or my specific configuration. i am still just guessing, and trying to narrow the possibilities...

as a workaround, i got a friend to export it, so i have verified that the file was not the problem. i may just let this lie, and get on with other things.

jim ww

Bradley Stone
04-18-2007, 07:55 AM
:help:

I'm new to lightwave and trying to export OBJ formats. I'm getting the same error.

OBJ Export: Operation Failed - code: 1
OBJ Export: Unable to detect items for export

I'm using LW9 Build 998 (Win32)

I have a rather large scene of a cityscape and have exported most of the objects succesfully however there are two areas that are giving me these errors. Any ideas?

donny
04-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Is there anyway you could post the file so we can take a closer look at what is causing the error?

Bradley Stone
04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Is there any way I can send it to you via email or ftp etc? I'm not allowed to restrictions from the client. I might be able to get away with posting screencaps if that would help.. I appreciate the help! Thanks.

donny
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Sure you can send it in to the NewTek Tech Support email and we will take a look at it.