PDA

View Full Version : Layout won't load scenes or objects

etobiason
12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Just upgraded to LW 9.0 for the Mac. For some reason I thought there was a LW 9.1 version out there, since 9.2 was in beta. Got confused, my fault... I heard there were Mac problems... and I general avoid x.0 releases for that reason... but here I am.

Anyway, I crash whenever I try to open a previously created scene file or load an object made previously. I've looked for a solution through the forums and couldn't find anything... though it seems that a LOT of people are using LW9 for the Mac without much trouble.

I'm using a G5 Quad.

I've tried disabling the Hub, it didn't matter.

-e

Sarford
12-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Does layout have this problem with all your object and scene files or just some? Were these files also made with LW 9 or with an older version? Do these files require maybe some exotic plugin?

Phil
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Just upgraded to LW 9.0 for the Mac. For some reason I thought there was a LW 9.1 version out there, since 9.2 was in beta. Got confused, my fault... I heard there were Mac problems... and I general avoid x.0 releases for that reason... but here I am.

Anyway, I crash whenever I try to open a previously created scene file or load an object made previously. I've looked for a solution through the forums and couldn't find anything... though it seems that a LOT of people are using LW9 for the Mac without much trouble.

I'm using a G5 Quad.

I've tried disabling the Hub, it didn't matter.

-e

Some follow-up questions :

Can you post more details about your system (i.e. OS version)?
Both Modeler and Layout die?
Can you post an example object that causes you problems?
Have you tried (shudder) deleting or renaming your config files? This seems to be a required 'fix' for some problems with LightWave at the moment. 9.2 should be better in this respect
Have other apps been unstable?

etobiason
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I deleted all the plug-ins for Layout, and when I opened it again it loaded the scenes without crashing. I don't know why this would make a difference, it auto-loaded the plug-ins back in anyway (I thought I'd try to load just necessary ones and then 3rd party one at a time to isolate the bug).

Modeler did a funky thing when I first opened it... it crashed when I tried to make a simple box. Then, it wouldn't make a box but didn't crash. I used the numeric panel, and it made a box. Then I was able to make a box with my mouse.

Weird.

Thanks for trying to help, but I think for now I just need to keep working with it to see what, if any, problems will last.

-e