PDA

View Full Version : Sliders. Help (too)!!

Paul_Boland
12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, since I'm here posting about saving, may as well post about this too. My head model is controled by a set of sliders which I have managed to set up and configure to my liking, so all is well, except for one thing.

Dragging the sliders to cause a rotation, while working, is not 100% accurate. Instead of turning, say, 45degrees, using the sliders, it will turn 45.03, or 44.96degrees. There doesn't seem to be a way to directly type into the slider field and the little arrows cushioned between the sliders and the degree digit readings don't seem to do anything, regardless of how many times you click on them, with either mouse button?!?!?!

Any ideas on how to get better control using sliders?

Thanks.

SplineGod
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Whats the range you have your sliders set to?

Paul_Boland
12-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Jaw
Pitch : -38, 0

RightUpperLid
Heading : -23, 26
Pitch : 0, 67

RightLowerLid
Heading : -24, 23
Pitch : -69, 0

LeftUpperLid
Heading : -26, 12
Pitch : 0, 70

LeftLowerLid
Heading -21, 12
Pitch : -70, 0

The sliders work great, it's just getting to exact digits that I'm having problems with, but I guess, in all fairness, 0.0x of a degree won't make much of a difference.

SplineGod
12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Find the max and min that you really need each channel to be and set each slider to have the same max and min. Basically the larger the range between your max and min values in
your slider the less accuracy they will have. :)

Paul_Boland
12-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks, Larry. Not sure that will work as each rotation works at these settings, but I'll mess around with it and see what I can get. What would be great would be if we could actually type a rotation value into the sliders. Is that possible at all?

SplineGod
12-07-2006, 02:57 PM
You can open the graph editor from the slider panel and set a value.
Say for example that the jaw bones range is from -30 to 30 deg. Thats what I would set the min and max values of my slider panel to. If you need an offset to that you should setup your expression to Value + expression. Value would be the keyframed value of the channel and expression would be a master channel.

Paul_Boland
12-08-2006, 11:53 AM