PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Vue5i?

BazC
12-07-2006, 10:52 AM
This going to sound like a daft question but I can't figure it out.

I'm trying to install Vue5i on a new machine, the licence popup asks for name and serial starting VUE5INF so I enter the number that matches that description from the email Eon sent me. I then get another popup saying the number is wrong and asking for my lightwave serial that came with the Vue disk so I enter that and it says that number is wrong. Any idea where I'm going wrong, I can't remember what I did last time.

I'll email Eon but I thought I might get quicker help here as many of you will have the Lightwave version of Vue5i

Cheers - Baz

Wonderpup
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
There were a lot of threads about installing Vue when the upgrade came out- eon made a complete mess of it- so it's probably worth doing a search.

BazC
12-07-2006, 12:01 PM
There were a lot of threads about installing Vue when the upgrade came out- eon made a complete mess of it- so it's probably worth doing a search.

Thanks, I already did but haven't managed to find anything useful yet. I also tried e-on and they don't accept any support enquiries by email any more, it all has to be done online. I'm still trying to figure that out too lol! I did find out there is a problem with the old installer and OS10.4 so I downloaded an updated installer and I'll see how that goes. Cheers!

BazC
12-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Yup that did it, it seems to be running OK now. Initially I tried copying the app from one computer to the new one. Dumping that version and using the installer sorted it out.

Thanks!

cresshead
12-07-2006, 01:01 PM
your probably using the wrong lightwave serial number code...i had some issues last year with this and got a new number from newtek to make it work if i remember correctly....gone are the days of 'just' serial numbers now with have counter codes, machine codes id's and sentinal drivers...where did all the trust go?...ohh yeah..we have east enders and hoodies to thank for that!

BazC
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
LOL! I'm not sure what was wrong but I entered the same code during installation and it accepted it. You're right though, it's getting so that I can't keep track of all the numbers I have for various apps!