PDA

View Full Version : first person camera issues

plaedien
06-17-2003, 03:11 AM
ARGHHHHH!!!!!!

can someone please help me? Ive got an assignment due friday, and ive got a major problem - basically, ive got a hot air balloon that the camera must be inside to act as your characters eyes (first person perspective) but if i try to parent the camera to the object, the camera leaps off to a different position on the grid!!!

ive tried attaching a null object to the balloon and parent the camera to the null (and the other way round) but i keep getting the same weird thing, eg. the parent object not staying were it should be!!!!!

PLEASEEE i need help on this one - i dont have much hair left !!!!

cheers

Mylenium
06-17-2003, 03:57 AM
You could always save the motion to a file and then apply it to the camera. You may need to add rotation and have to offset some keys in graph editor to compensate for the human height. I wonder why this quite simple and obvious solution hasn't crossed your mind. Anyway, good luck.

Mylenium

TerryFord
06-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Make sure "Parent in Place" (scene tab) in on. Parent the Camera to the baloon, or parent both to the same null...

If a parented object jumps even with Parent in Place on, you might need to create a keyframe for it before parenting. If it has a keyframe and still jumps then something's seriously wrong there...

I'm a little confused by your "parent object not staying were it should be" statement; parents should never move when items are attached to them, the child might move if Parent in Place is off, but never the parent...

Regards,
Terry