PDA

View Full Version : Radial Clone tool?

aurora
12-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Does anybody know of a point clone tool that aslo works along a normal? To be more specific say you have points transcribing a cylinder and you want to clone an object to those points such that the object extends correctly out from the cylinder.

Dodgy
12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
CLonez, nut, there are a few out there, those are two I recommend though. Look on flay.

aurora
12-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks Dodgy, I have Nut and it does not provide any randomness which I want/need. I just tried CloneZ V2 and it seems to provide everything to make happy but alas it keeps crashing on me with LW9. I hav scanned through Flay and found 2 other potentials but neither of them work along the normal and/or provide randomness.

Dodgy
12-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, it works with me. Doesn't offer me a random rotation around the normal though. Maybe I should knock one up :)

Silkrooster
12-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Well if any one can do it, I bet you can. I would love to see more tools work along the normal. Better yet to recognise symmetry. Anyways I am starting to wander off topic, so. Carry on. lol.
Silk

aurora
12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Dodgy I'll beta test it :)

CloneZ is deff crashing me every time I use it. I even tried a fresh dl and install. Maybe its my object itself, it is rather insane but it should not matter what the object looks liek as long as its a valid surface.

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 05:47 AM
Have a look on my website for ultimate clone.

This allows you to clone multiple background objects across the points or polys of a mesh. You can have random sizes, rotations, align the clones to axes or the poly/point normals, or just clone to a percentage of the mesh. It's trying to do what all the other clone plugins do, hence the ultimate name.

SplineGod
12-19-2006, 06:20 AM
What Id like to see is one that can also clone based on various vmaps and properly move, scale, rotate morphs.

Dodgy
12-19-2006, 07:15 AM
I was going to add weightmaps to each setting so you could have different densities/scales etc using them. I'll have to think about the morphs...

SplineGod
12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
The morphs would be very useful for things like fluffing up feathers etc. :)