PDA

View Full Version : Texture not rendering

Limbus
12-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Hi,
I am working on a scene with a fishswarm that contains 2400 fish moved by a particle system. I have these problems with the scene:

- FX_Linker does not work in LW 64 Bit
- If I make the swarm larger than 2435 fish, Layout crashes when loading the scene. I did up the object limit in the properties. I dont think its the polycount because 2400 fish have only about 400k polys.
- The fish are textured with two bitmaps for color and transparency (on the fins). The color texture shows in the viewport but disapears when rendered (either on the farm or local). Even more strange is the fact that the transparency is rendered. Also when I load the fish model into a new scene it renders fine so I think it has something to do with the amount.

Maybe someone has a solution to this problem.

System Specs:
LW 9.0 64 Bit
Windows Pro x64
Dualcore Athlon
4 GB RAM

Florian

Limbus
12-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Ok I figured aout the texturing problem. The more lights I add the more the texture disapears even if the lights are very dim.

Still leaves the other two bugs.

Florian

Limbus
12-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Not quite.
There seems to be a pretty big bug with the new advanced cam. When I render with the advanced cam, the textures and transparency settings are fu**ed up. If use either the perspective or the classic cam, everything renders fine.

I guess that the there is some nasty bug in the new raytracing core that causes this. If someone from NewTek would like further information on how to reproduce this bug, please contact me directly.

Florain