PDA

View Full Version : 3D character job salary, how much should I be asking For ?

andy gee
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi 2 all

this is a question regarding FIRST time 3D character modeller/animator Salary.
I have had some feedback from recruiters over the last week or two, and
they asked about what my salary expectations are. Now I read in a computer magazine ages ago, that it depends on the quality of work, and that junior animators should get about 500 a week starting. Is this correct ?

I dont want to say 500 or 300 and come across as being greedy or not asking for enough.

Any advice at all would be really appreiciated.

Thanks

Andy Gee

99sproth
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi 2 all

this is a question regarding FIRST time 3D character modeller/animator Salary.
I have had some feedback from recruiters over the last week or two, and
they asked about what my salary expectations are. Now I read in a computer magazine ages ago, that it depends on the quality of work, and that junior animators should get about 500 a week starting. Is this correct ?

I dont want to say 500 or 300 and come across as being greedy or not asking for enough.

Any advice at all would be really appreiciated.

Thanks

Andy Gee

500 a week sounds pretty decent. you will never seem greedy, just more confident in yourself, and people like that.. trust me.

kopperdrake
12-06-2006, 04:03 AM
What industry? In games they start juniors on anything between 18k and 23k up here, plus a bonus of some description - either a chunk of money or royalty-based (although the royalty-based is all but dead I think). Works out at around 500 a week though so I'd say that's about right :) 300 a week is too cheap :) But yes, it does all depend on the quality of work, though games companies are getting mightily picky as the next gen stuff kicks off so you have to deliver for the money.

voriax
12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Why do I suddenly feel like I'm not earning enough.

kopperdrake
12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Hehe - I know 4 guys who've just gone your way to Krome because of the work conditions here. You have sunshine, we get paid to live on a small and cramped island in the rain ;)