PDA

View Full Version : Poser > Lightwave > Poser

kopperdrake
12-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Hi,

A client has called asking if I can model some clothes to go on a Poser character they already have set up. Question is, can I import their Poser model into Lightwave, make the clothes, then give them back a Poser model than can use in Poser. Having never used Poser I'm not sure how it works. They want to be able to pose the resulting poser model in Poser, and I assume their model already has this ability built in. Will they lose the ability once it comes into Lightwave or will I essentially be working only on the mesh and the deformation information is in another file?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

3dworks
12-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi,

A client has called asking if I can model some clothes to go on a Poser character they already have set up. Question is, can I import their Poser model into Lightwave, make the clothes, then give them back a Poser model than can use in Poser. Having never used Poser I'm not sure how it works. They want to be able to pose the resulting poser model in Poser, and I assume their model already has this ability built in. Will they lose the ability once it comes into Lightwave or will I essentially be working only on the mesh and the deformation information is in another file?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

one tip for converting geometry from LW to poser and back is to use these well working plugins:

http://www.greenbriarstudio.com/3D/

unfortunately, i have no experience in writing back 'conforming' clothes to poser...

markus

kopperdrake
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks for that :) I'll have a quick look and see if the process is cost-effective time-wise .

Dunk